What's new

Oxygen is unwatchable! (1 Viewer)

Jacob_St

Second Unit
We just got a new station on our cable subscription called Oxygen. I can't watch more than 30 seconds before flipping channels because the composition is so poor! There's a huge black bar blocking the bottom of the screen! If the rest of the networks go to this format I'm just going to stop watching TV period. I guess I'm not missing much it looks like all that station plays is Cybill reruns.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Oxygen is what I'd like to call the "Lifetime for Feminists."
Also, I will never support any channel in which in showings of Chasing Amy they keep in most, if not all the sex references, YET when Alyssa calls Holden her "bitch" they edit it out. I sent them a nice, nasty e-mail about that under the name Banky Edwards and I still haven't gotten a response. :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I was looking forward to getting this channel because they show reruns of Kate & Allie, but with "the strip" defacing them, they can chuck it and I'll wait for some sort of home video (preferrably on DVD) release

Mike Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
What did you guys expect, It's the channel that Ophra created for women a few years ago its not ment for men to watch any way. Im gald dish network doesnt carry it.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
What did you guys expect, It's the channel that Ophra created for women a few years ago its not ment for men to watch any way. Im gald dish network doesnt carry it.
Isn't that WE (Women's Entertainment)? Or maybe I'm just confused.

Anyway, to their credit, Oxygen did air a special on Sarah McLachlan in concert with Lilith Fair awhile back.

MikeAW

Second Unit
"We" is a Cablevision creation...and very lame-o!

They have this European Mysterioso Man who comes on like a dime store Fabio...with the deep Baltic voice, good head of hair, and gaudy accessories for your "intimate" meals with your..ahem...Loved One!

All I've seen is their constant, Sunday afternoon "previews"

...which they've been trying to shove this down viewers' throats, for time immemorial, now...where they show substandard "C" level films with an, ahem, Romantical Theme.

In other words, movies made on the very cheap, "D" level Star Casts or films made with real personalities that they would rather forget existed, and that have that a distinct "made for Tv" look and flavor.

Really Baddddddddddddddd Tv.

But it's put together cheap, and sponsored, so much for wanting anything of quality, right ? At least they haven't gotten into the Male Bashing Angle yet, like Oxygen.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Is that similar to the black bar on TNN (I believe), where they replaced the logo in the corner with a damn ticker that is constantly covering the bottom sixth or so of the screen? I gave up completely on that channel after that.

As for the programming, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

/Mike

MikeAW

Second Unit
MickeS, I feel we all like to watch bad Tv, to some limited extent, because it, well, is BAD, and it confirms our individual good taste...whatever that is.

Like watching an Ed Wood film...it's so bad, it's goooood !

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Paymer
I only watch Oxygen for the Xena reruns ("she kicks high") but I do hate the way they've distorted the format in order to place text ads on the bottom of the screen.

MikeAW

Second Unit
Remember David, the programming is superfluous...it's the advertisements that are important!

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I just turned this channel on again about an hour ago. Carrie Fisher was on giving the world worst interview to George Lucas. She kept crouching down and putting her hands all over her face. She looked just like that "look at yourself" therapist from those Saturday Night Live skits. Her questions were awful and . . . I can't even describe how bad she was. It made me wish the black bar was covering the remaining 80% of the screen! I won't turn this channel on again.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oxygen is what I'd like to call the "Lifetime for Feminists."
Heh. Then, I suppose they'd bristle at my reason for hating the channel. On my cable service, it took the place of the Game Show network, which is now one of those awful split channels. Game Show during the day/PPV at night. Anyway, the main reason that came as such a blow, is the fact that Throut and Neck only came on at night. Why does that matter? Becca Grant.
If you aren't familiar with her (and her skimpy outfits), see the following:
http://www.geocities.com/~mrgambit2/
Ouch. Just look at the pink outfit on that page. She'd sometimes drop stuff and . . . never mind. I also loved her silver (censored)-Me boots. :D
Oh, and it doesn't help that I'm no longer able to watch Inquizition. :angry:

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Bekka fansite...i will watch for her

Oxygen or as I call it Carbon Monoxide - for chicks with pit hair...I deleted it more the Direct tv main menu so it don't show up

I may be in trouble if the wife ever figures out how to use the thing

Craig_T

Second Unit
TNN & Oxygen can both burn in hell for their stupid, picture distortion-inducing black bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks