What's new

Owners of the Elite 49TX (1 Viewer)

RalphR

Grip
I currently own the 49TX and was thinking about the 49TXi. I know it's due to be available very soon. I was wondering what the other 49TX owners plan to do. Are you going to upgrade your existing unit? Trade up for the new 49TXi? Stand pat? I'd like to know why you're making your choice.
I also have heard that the 47Ai is coming out soon but I haven't heard if Pioneer is going to have upgrades available for their Elite RPTV line. I have the HD-620 and would love to upgrade everything to fire wire connections and rid myself of the wire-hell nightmare I have behind my system.
One last thing, in your opinion is it better to add a separate amp to the 49TX/49TXi? I'm wondering if it's worth it.
Thanks for reponses in advance.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
We don't have any real detials on the 49TXi or the supposed upgrade. When I find the price and see what the differences will be if any I will then make my decision. One thing to note you wouldn't need to upgrade your RPTV for firewire, because the firewire for the 47ai and 49TXi will only carry all SACD and a handful of DVD-A plus DD and DTS. Most people say you get better sound with external amps than with internal on any receiver. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to but that won't be for about a year.

Daniel Smith

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Pioneer has specs on the TXi online. If I remember correctly its about $500 or so more.

I got a different question related to the 49TX (sorry, just thought I would put it here instead of starting a new one). Did any of you buy it online? If so where and for how much? How does Pioneer react if you buy from a non authorized dealer?

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I will probably wait it out and see what the consensus has to say! I am in no hurry I am quite pleased with the 49tx performance. As far as an added amp I have a parasound 2205 mainly because I was on the outlaw wait list and gave up waiting I had bought the amp just prior to the 49tx, plus I drive paradigm studio 100s so I wanted to make sure I had enough power to make them sound nice:D The added amp does make a difference not a huge one though the pioneer is a very nice sounding receiver without it but the extra horsepower gives you more of a threshold and is a little more dynamic, the bass slightly improved. I am exited cause Im planning on using the multi-room feature in another room in the house. you can watch a movie in the ht and listen to music somewhere else in the house at the same time and I have lots of amps to spare!
I would say If your thinking about the 49tx or txi you might want to wait a month or so if you can or another alternative is the anthem avm 20 It too is a very nice piece of gear and from what I understand anthem is offering their upgrade soon:emoji_thumbsup:
bob

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Thanks Mike I checked on Tues but the info wasn't up I hadn't checked today. The difference is $200. I bought mine online throught pricesrite an shopping.yahoo.com. If I were you I would get it from Josh Lehman he frequents the Pioneer 49tx forum here: Link Removed he goes by the name Docdvd a very nice guy is offering pre-orders on the 49TXi for about 2400 plus shipping with manufactorer's warranty in the for sale section of this forum. I worry about the same thing if Pioneer comes out with an upgrade will be eligible to get it I'm not sure.
Daniel Smith

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Sorry again (man I can't get anything right) $2375 + shipping for 49TX and $2850 including shipping for 49TXi.

Daniel Smith

Chris Tishue

Auditioning
I recently bought my 49TX online at 6ave.com. I had to call them to get a good price, but I got it for $2450 shipped overnight. They are an authorized Pioneer Elite dealer. As for the 49TXi, I wasn't interested in it at all. With the only difference seeming to be the firewire, that wasn't worth the extra money and wait to me as I would never use it.

Chris

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I'm happy with my 49TX. I don't plan on upgrading to the 49TXi or sending in the 49TX if Pioneer offered a ilink upgrade. Besides, my 49TX is mostly used for movies. (DVD-V)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks