What's new

Owners of Panasonic PT-47WX52 please read. (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
i just became the proud owner of a new Panny PT-47WX52, which has yet to be calibrated. What I would like to know from other owners is what did you do as far disabling/enabling settings, settings(numbers) for brightness/contrast/etc. Have you gone into the service mode yet? I know these will vary from set to set, but I'd just like to get an idea before I begin.

Kevin

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
To get you started:
-turn off "VM" in service menu
-"Video NR" should be left on
-set all basic picture settings to about 31 (tweak either way to your liking), except sharpness which should be no more than 10
-It is very important to turn down the "picture" setting...keep it below 35.
-Get an AVIA or Video Essentials home theater tune-up disc
When you get comfortable working with your new RPTV head over to the above mentioned website for some more sophisticated tricks to improve your picture....and enjoy :emoji_thumbsup:

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Absolutely correct. Thank you Evan. I was thinking "user" and writing "service". :b

Leif Wall

Second Unit
It's in the User Menu. Pull up the roller menu, then go to Picture. Go down to option 3 and you will see a list with "SVM" on it. Turn it off, it adds edge enhancement which you really don't want to have.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Thanks, found it after I actually opened the manual. What about those other settings, color temp, natural color, Video NR, 3D Y/C filter? Whatas the best option on those before I AVIA the TV.

Kevin

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
My settings are:
color temp - normal
natural color - off
Video NR - on
3D filter - on
Using 'normal' color temp and turning 'natural color' off you are dealing with the most realistic color settings, IMO. Other settings are allowing the TV to manipulate the color to some extent, which, again IMO, would just get in the way of achieving NTSC standard color (which is the goal of your upcoming AVIA calibration). Leaving 'Video NR' on actually defeats some edge enhancement, or something similar. I'm not exactly sure why, but it is recommended. Seems like a lot of work in the beginning but once you get all your settings done using AVIA you can lean back and enjoy the TV as it breaks in, keeping an occasional eye on the convergence.
I've had mine for almost a month now and have only done the basic stuff we're mentioning here and I can't imagine Monsters, Inc. or Spiderman looking much better than it does now. :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Justin,

One last question. What level(number) are your settings for Picture/tint/contrast/etc? I know each setup will be different, but I'm just curious. Did you calibrate your set with avia right after you got it?

Thanks

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks