What's new

Owens-Corning Visionaire - Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Zimmerman

Auditioning
I am so very impressed with all I have read so far since joining this forum and with all the very informed opinions you folks have. I am learning a great deal, and I thank you all very much. A very class act here.

With that in mind, can anyone give me any opinions on the Visionaire "Home Theater in a Box" from Owens-Corning? I had a designer/builder mention it to me today, and aside from the information on the website and other press releases (which are obviously biased toward the manufacturer) I have not been able to find any reviews of the product on the net and would enjoy hearing any opinions from folks here.

It sounds interesting but I am fully aware that the particular products used within the room may not appeal to me - I've never been a big fan of JBL speakers or Harmon/Karden, but I'm certainly interested enough to find a room setup at a dealer and see what it has to offer. Interesting the names of manufacturers (JBL, H/K, DeLite, Lutron) and the inclusion of the furniture for the room all for under $30,000 from what I can understand.

Thank you in advance for any and all opinions.

Kevin Zimmerman

KrisM

Second Unit
I have never heard of this set-up. Can you post a link to a web site?
It sounds like a complete package with no decisions to make on products. Some people like that easy approach, but you will probably find most of the people here do not. Most of the people here enjoy the shopping and comparing of the products that they will buy. Not to mention coming here to debate about those products.:)
If the package includes JBL and Harmon/Karden and you don't like those brands, you might have already made up your mind. It never hurts to listen to as many set-ups as possible though. It is one of the most important things when buying a system.
I'm curious about this Owens-Corning thing though, $30,000 is alot of money.
Regards
KrisM

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I've heard a bit about it. Owens Corning used to have an acoustics consulting business that would do the acoustic treatment of a theater room. Apparently they decided to take it to the next level and are now doing complete rooms.

From what I understand, they can do a good job, but are expensive for what you get. I costed out what they were doing and was able to get (IMO) better equipment for considerably less money.

Note that their service doesn't include construction costs and materials. That's extra.

-greg

Kevin Zimmerman

Auditioning
Thanks for the advice folks, I must agree with you after further research that this price is quite high for what you are getting, and I'll admit HK and JBL are definately not my first choices when it comes to equipment!
But, Kris (or anyone else) if you are interested in at least reading more about it go to the www.owenscorning.com website and type in Visionaire in the search window and follow the links to the info and virtual tours of the room. It is worth a look at least.
Thanks again!
Kevin Z.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
I'm fairly cerain they are prepackaged Theo K designs done in conjunction with Owens Corning. I wan't impressed when I looked at them for the reasons mentioned, the equipment. While the room has a great deal to do with the performance of the system it seemed decidedly unbalanced IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks