OW my hand hurts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip_G, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I had a test today, short answer, 40 questions or something, a LOT more writing than I've done in a long time, not to mention I broke my wrist a few years back and excessive writing bothers it for some reason.
    anyway, how much do you write? I was thinking about it on the way home, I think the most I write is a check any more. I have laptop and don't even write notes in class. My already terrible penmanship is getting worse because of it [​IMG]

2. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

Now that I think about it, I very rarely write more than a few words at any time - maybe two or three times in a week. In meetings I will take a note pad, but at most I write down a word or two.

3. JohnAD

JohnAD Cinematographer

Typing has made my awful chicken-scratch only worse. Too bad I didn't want to be a doctor...[​IMG]
    John.

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

ha! so I'm NOT the only one [​IMG]
    actually, it's to the point now that I can type so much faster than I can write, I MUCH prefer to type.

5. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

My penmanship in entirely dependent on how long I have to write. If I have unlimited time, I can write quite well, but if I have to write a lot in a short period or if I get tired of writing, it looks like crap. This is finals week in high school, so I've done a lot of essay writing in the past few weeks. I also once broke my wrist, but I don't think it had any lasting effect. My arm was getting pretty tired today, but that's probably because I'm a whimp with no muscle.:b

6. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

7. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Maybe you should try strengthing your wrist by...um...er...hand rotations. Yeah, that's what I meant! [​IMG]

8. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, i hate writing long reports/essays.. the part of my hand that cramps ups the most, is the big muscle in my hand thats right under the thumb... Damn, if only i worked out that much on my pecs or biceps rather than my thumbs... muscular thumb muscles arent that attractive to the ladies :p)

9. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

I never write.
    I type over 120wpm. I don't think it's possible to write (legibly, anyway) anywhere near that fast. As a result, even writing something as simple as a check just seems to take F O R E V E R ...
    I used to have decent handwriting. Now, I don't even care. I just scribble things out to get them done. I can still write nice when I want to. [​IMG]