1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

OW my hand hurts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip_G, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I had a test today, short answer, 40 questions or something, a LOT more writing than I've done in a long time, not to mention I broke my wrist a few years back and excessive writing bothers it for some reason.
    anyway, how much do you write? I was thinking about it on the way home, I think the most I write is a check any more. I have laptop and don't even write notes in class. My already terrible penmanship is getting worse because of it [​IMG]

2. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

Now that I think about it, I very rarely write more than a few words at any time - maybe two or three times in a week. In meetings I will take a note pad, but at most I write down a word or two.

3. JohnAD

JohnAD Cinematographer

Typing has made my awful chicken-scratch only worse. Too bad I didn't want to be a doctor...[​IMG]
    John.

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

ha! so I'm NOT the only one [​IMG]
    actually, it's to the point now that I can type so much faster than I can write, I MUCH prefer to type.

5. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

My penmanship in entirely dependent on how long I have to write. If I have unlimited time, I can write quite well, but if I have to write a lot in a short period or if I get tired of writing, it looks like crap. This is finals week in high school, so I've done a lot of essay writing in the past few weeks. I also once broke my wrist, but I don't think it had any lasting effect. My arm was getting pretty tired today, but that's probably because I'm a whimp with no muscle.:b

6. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

7. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Maybe you should try strengthing your wrist by...um...er...hand rotations. Yeah, that's what I meant! [​IMG]

8. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, i hate writing long reports/essays.. the part of my hand that cramps ups the most, is the big muscle in my hand thats right under the thumb... Damn, if only i worked out that much on my pecs or biceps rather than my thumbs... muscular thumb muscles arent that attractive to the ladies :p)

9. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

I never write.
    I type over 120wpm. I don't think it's possible to write (legibly, anyway) anywhere near that fast. As a result, even writing something as simple as a check just seems to take F O R E V E R ...
    I used to have decent handwriting. Now, I don't even care. I just scribble things out to get them done. I can still write nice when I want to. [​IMG]