What's new

Overwhelming Majority: South Park On DVD Themed Sets Must Stop (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just adding my voice to the tumult. . .I too have the first few discs which were released chronologically (I do wish they were captioned and let you skip the intros, but I guess I can live with that).

I won't be buying any of the "themed" sets. The theme might as well be "unpurchased"!

I would certainly buy any season set WB sees fit to release. I hope they will take me up on this offer!

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
Please hear your customers and release full season sets.

I've done my part on the Friends and will fully support the season set's that are coming out.

I have not and will not buy any of the South Park themed sets.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
It damn near HURTS me not to be able to get ALL the episodes of Southpark out there... PLEASE Warner - release Southpark in full season sets! Are we really asking that much of you?!? I don't like a Southpark episode here and there... I LOVE THEM ALL!

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I have the 1st 6 discs. No more until they go back to season/chronological order sets.

Frankly, not buying the 1st 6, or unloading them in protest sounds stupid. Since it is just numbers that these morons understand, not logic, they need to see that the 1st 6 discs sell, but their crap themed ones don't.

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know the address (Email or snail-mail) of any of Warner's executives, so that each one of us can send them a letter??
Individual letters will be more in number and harder to ignore. And with the strength of HTF, we can do it!!! ...
:thumbsdown: Thumbs down to Warner for not releasing chronological order discs. :angry:

Jeremiah W

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, I found this E-mail address [email protected] but it's for Warner's Online site, but you might try e-mailing them at that address anyway.
Their e-mail address should be FUCKtheCONSUMER@weDON'TcareABOUTthem.com this is really pissing me off, they need to wake up:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
DVD Marketing Dept.

ATTN: Doug Wadleigh

Warner Home Video

4000 Warner Blvd.

Burbank, CA 91522

Comedy Central Viewer Services

1775 Broadway

New York, NY 10019

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Count me in! I want season by season in sequential order or NO SALE!
C'mon Warner, first a bombardment of P&S only DVD's, now screwing up South Park releases? What the hell is the matter with you Warner?
You guys at Warner are wacky!:angry:

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
When this issue was brought up on the HTF chat with Warner Home Video, they stated that they only distribute SOUTH PARK, and that COMEDY CENTRAL controls how and when the SOUTH PARK video releases are marketed in the U.S.

I agree wholeheartedly that all the episodes should be released, at least in the order they were made, if not in boxed sets (which would be preferable). I have written COMEDY CENTRAL about this, and urge everyone here to do the same. Let's not blame Warner HV on this one. Their hands are tied. But I urge everyone on this forum who cares about this issue to contact COMEDY CENTRAL and state our case.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
When this issue was brought up on the HTF chat with Warner Home Video, they stated that they only distribute SOUTH PARK, and that COMEDY CENTRAL controls how and when the SOUTH PARK video releases are marketed in the U.S.

But when one of the people who raised the subject in the Warner live chat called Comedy Central, they told him that Warner Bros. made the decisions about what went on the DVDs. So somebody's lying. I've never had any dealings with Comedy Central, so I don't know how honest they are. I have had dealings with Warner Home Video, and they have a track record of - how shall I put this? - being economical with the truth. If I had to guess, I'd say WHV was throwing sand in our eyes and hoping to deflect our wrath in the direction of Comedy Central. Screw 'em - write to both and make it clear we don't care who is responsible for this stupidity, we want it to end or no sale.

Regards,

Joe

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I say we all put our funds together and buy the rights to South Park. Then we can produce and distribute them in season-bye-season order and we will all be happy.

Bye the way once my petition located in my signature gets 150 votes I will print off a copy and send it to the address that Vince provided.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
My guess is they were misinformed, or simply lying. Think about it- Rhino does the first 6 volumes of SP- and they are in proper season order with intros from Matt and Trey.

The collection is taken from Rhino, and placed directly at Warner Bros, and all of a sudden you have themed collections and no intros. If Comedy Central is in charge, why did they change midstream? Do you realy think it is a coincidence that as soon as control went back to Warner these changes happened??

I would urge everyone who cares about this issue (I actually thought South Park was a LOT more popular than this thread shows it to be)-- post here and send a letter to Comedy Central and Warner Bros!

-Vince

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Vince,

do you have any address/contact info to send letters? I've sent emails to both parties...but all I get is customer-info crap (like "now playing on Comedy Central" Spam from Comedy Central.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
David:
Vince supplied the snail-mail addresses for both Warner Bros. and Comedy Central 8 posts above yours. :)
You might try addressing those letters directly to Doug Wadleigh, VP of Marketing and Special Features at WHV. He may not see them himself, but at least they'll end up in the right office and we can be pretty sure they'll get opened. :) (And that he'll at least hear about them.) Wadleigh also gave some statements in newspaper interviews a few months ago that seem to indicate that he "gets it" when it comes to TV shows and boxed sets, and I believe he may have been responsible for the sudden switch to boxed sets for Friends. Maybe he just needs to be convinced that the same market forces apply to South Park, which as an animated comedy, probably is assumed to work under different rules.
Most companies pay no attention to e-mail, and with good reason. Snail-mail is the only way to go if you want to be noticed at all.
Regards,

Pat B

Grip
I would love to buy South Park on DVD. Disgustingly, deliciously, troublingly funny damn show. But I can't do it. The studio won't let me.

There is sooo much out there on DVD to buy. Priority is assigned by a complex evaluation of price, packaging, and how much I absolutely need a given product. Themed sets put South Park right the hell off the list. I wouldn't buy the themed discs for $2 a pop. Just too annoying. I saw these shows in seasons, within definable time frames in my life, and I want to have them packaged as they were presented to me. When we buy TV shows on DVD we're trying to preserve an entertainment experience so that we can revisit it. Themed sets just mess that all up.

Along those lines, these days when there's so much to buy that there's constant competition for my spendable dollars, complete seasons will win out over installments. The prime example of screwing that up (though another studio's problem) is the Star Trek original series on DVD. I'd love to have the series, but it's a terrible deal.

Warner Bros., please do it right.

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Warner,

I have bought all of your SP DVD Products thus far, howerver, here is where I am stopping. No more will I buy these themed sets... especially when you choose to release Friends season by season. It is clear you have the capability to do this. No more will I just assume that if I buy all the themed sets I will eventually get *ALL* the episodes on DVD. I don't want to buy TV on DVD like this.

Matthew Furtek

Sarah S

Second Unit
I prefer to wait until studios release the proper version in R1, as I don't have all the much in the way of discretionary funds.
Also, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS TO HAVE MOVIES/TV SHOWS IN OAR & ORIGINAL RELEASE ORDER. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks