What's new

Overwhelming Majority: South Park On DVD Themed Sets Must Stop (1 Viewer)

ShaneP

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the first 6 DVDs within days of their release. Now I wait (rather impatiently) for the rest of South Park on DVD in complete seasons. It will be a cold day in Hell before I buy one of those themed discs.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They're intended to be bleeped. When one ISN'T bleeped (like the 129 Sh*t ep) it's VERY intentional
The movie, they did it because they could, and because they wanted to piss off the MPAA :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I just realized I had never added my support for this thread. How embarassing...

So here goes - Warner, I have the first 6 SP sets. I have been waiting ever since for my next fix (I don't have cable/satellite) and I'm getting pissed off. I REFUSE to buy theme sets. You're leaving money on the table here, and that's BAD BUSINESS.

Here's the TV season sets I currently own (and will be buying subsequent sets of):

"X-Files" 1-4

"Sex & The City" 1-2

"Sopranos" 1-2

"M*A*S*H" 1

"Buffy" 1

"Simpsons" 1

"Twin Peaks" 1

"Upstairs, Downstairs" 1-2

Along with the complete "Fawlty Towers", "Monty Python", "Prisoner", and "Star Trek: TOS"

Here's the TV best-of/theme discs I own:

Get the picture??

I'll be buying your "Friends" sets, and "Babylon 5" as well if the rumors are true. C'mon, let's add "South Park" to that list!!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Well, it looks like we're getting burned again on South Park if DavisDVD is right. They just put up the main menu screen for a new volume called "Insults To Injuries" which contains the episodes "It Hits The Fan", "Proper Condom Use", "Cripple Fight", and "Scott Tenorman Must Die":
http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus...k_mainmenu.jpg
I can't believe there doing this to us again, especially after just announcing the Friends first season box set. Please say it ain't so!

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Daniel, that really sucks. I hope it's not true, but I'm not gonna keep my fingers crossed.

At this point, there's so much other quality DVD product on TV that I'm starting to not even care about South Park on DVD anymore. Everytime I go into a store, I see those damned theme sets and it really pisses me off. I just need to stay away from that section I guess.

If someday we get the series in order, great. If not, as Cartman would say, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Are the uninitiated buying these crap sets in greater numbers than I can imagine? I see these at Best Buy and never see the stock move. Who are the people who are buying these sets?

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I wrote a response about the rumor of the latest DVD in Link Removed .
Please add me to the list of the people who would prefer season-by-season sets, although I would be hard-pressed to deny myself this rumored DVD. Of course it might be a rumor. "Insult to Injury"?. Could be someone's idea of a joke.
I have the first three Rhino DVDs already and am planning to buy the other three soon, but I won't buy the other "best-ofs". They should also include the other shorts I mentioned in the other thread. I lost everything I had on tape, so I won't be fully satisfied until I have everything complete IN ORDER!!!!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
At least they've got the title right this time.
INSULT TO INJURY
South Park is basically off my radar after this announcement. I don't expect Warners/Comedy Central to ever change so I just won't buy. It's not like I don't have enough to complain about with Warner Brothers already.
South Park on DVD is dead to me.

John M. Ford

Agent
Absolutley no themed sets for me. I have better things to spend my money on. Like other tv show sets that are being released in their proper order.
johnf:angry:

Jacques C

Stunt Coordinator
Warner,

I own the first 6 DVDs in the South Park set. I have bought none since. Get the picture?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I am fairly new to DVD and am looking forward to building my collection. That collection was expected to include "South Park" DVD's. However, I cannot support themed-sets that have been issued by Warner Bros. If I'm going to invest in these DVD's, I want to know I'm getting every episode, in order, not just what the Warner marketing department thinks I want to see.
Chronological sets or no sale. It's really up to you. There are plenty of other DVD's on the shelves I can spend my $$$ on until you change your approach.

Add me to the list of people who refuses to buy South Park until they are released again in series order. I bought the first six and will not spend my money on a theme set.

Greg Rakaska

Stunt Coordinator
I have not yet bought a single South Park DVD. I am awaiting the (hopefully) future release of season sets.

I have the complete season sets of the many of my favorite sets that are available, and don't mind paying the price for quality stuff. (e.g. X-Files)

I have not been tempted to purchase the easily acquired pirated stuff that is out there, but I can understand why some folks do. This shows are fairly "cheap to produce" animation, and the video quality we demand of feature films is not necessary for enjoyment of the material.

I believe that piracy is being encouraged, and that profits are going to be lost until legimate season sets are comercially available.

My dollars are waiting...............

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments listed here. Warner had better wise up soon - as another member pointed out, they are leaving money on the table here...plain and simple!

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I am actually in the same boat as others here. I was going to buy all the episodes on DVD, then I discovered that they are not being released in season sets, so now I wont even buy the first 6 volumes. If I cant watch the whole series in order, why bother owning any of them. Very shoddy, Warner.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Well I am a big fan, own the first 6 Rhino DVDs and the movie, but warner isn't going to see a PENNY from me until they release them i order by season. They couldn't even give these pieces of junk to me.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
I have 6 South Park DVDs... I'm sure we can all guess which 6. Get it right, I have money waiting for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks