overwhelming decisions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarcCh, Apr 20, 2005.

1. MarcCh

MarcCh Agent

I am in the process of purchasing a 42" plasma screen. I have been on consumer reports, cnet and any other review sites. I am very overwhelmed. I was wondering if I might be able to get a couple of suggestions of good models. I plan on spending no more than 4k. At least then I culd target my efforts on quaility as opposed to filtering through the minutia of all these models. Thanks in advance.

Marc

2. John S

John S Producer

I'd find a good price on a Panasonic ED and call it good.

[​IMG]

I'm sure some plasma owners will post up though.

I have installed 3 Panasonic ED displays now. Never had any issues with them. HD looks really awesome on them.

Even on a true HD panel, I'd still go for Panasonic. Grey scale, color processing, and black levels seem really improved over many other plasma displays I see out there.

3. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

You'll also need to decide what kind of inputs/outputs you'll require. If this is going to be a stand alone unit, then one of the consumer displays with tuner, speakers and stands will probably be in order. If it's going to be hooked into a receiver/speaker unit with cable or dish feed, then a commercial display will probably give you a little more bang for your buck.

Panasonic offers a good display and good availability with a lot of service providers....should something bad happen. I have the JVX WX84 HD display which has better PQ to my eyes (and more importantly, my wifes eyes) and I really liked the Fujitsu units as well.

Mort