1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

overwhelming decisions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarcCh, Apr 20, 2005.

1. MarcCh

MarcCh Agent

I am in the process of purchasing a 42" plasma screen. I have been on consumer reports, cnet and any other review sites. I am very overwhelmed. I was wondering if I might be able to get a couple of suggestions of good models. I plan on spending no more than 4k. At least then I culd target my efforts on quaility as opposed to filtering through the minutia of all these models. Thanks in advance.

Marc

2. John S

John S Producer

I'd find a good price on a Panasonic ED and call it good.

[​IMG]

I'm sure some plasma owners will post up though.

I have installed 3 Panasonic ED displays now. Never had any issues with them. HD looks really awesome on them.

Even on a true HD panel, I'd still go for Panasonic. Grey scale, color processing, and black levels seem really improved over many other plasma displays I see out there.

3. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

You'll also need to decide what kind of inputs/outputs you'll require. If this is going to be a stand alone unit, then one of the consumer displays with tuner, speakers and stands will probably be in order. If it's going to be hooked into a receiver/speaker unit with cable or dish feed, then a commercial display will probably give you a little more bang for your buck.

Panasonic offers a good display and good availability with a lot of service providers....should something bad happen. I have the JVX WX84 HD display which has better PQ to my eyes (and more importantly, my wifes eyes) and I really liked the Fujitsu units as well.

Mort