What's new

Overwhelming bass on Sting's "All This Time..." (1 Viewer)

Richard Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
Is anyone else having issues with the bass levels on Sting's "All This Time" DVD? The concert would otherwise be wonderful, but on my system it seems they mixed the bass at such a high level everything gets drowned out by bass.

My system is:

Denon 2802 receiver

Denon 3000 DVD

Infinity RS-5 towers (main L&R)

Infinity minuette surrounds (rear L&R)

Boston Acoustics VR-910 center

Infinity BU-1 sub

Now, I can easily walk over and turn down the sub level, but the bulk of the bass is coming out of my RS-5's. All of my speakers are set to the SMALL setting, including the towers. The only option I can even think of in this case is using tone controls, which I shudder to even mention.

Before I go and rearrange my entire room and speakers trying to minimize this problem, can anyone else confirm that this could be a larger disc-related issue, and not specific to my system? Try the "Hounds of Winter" track.

Thanks,

Rich

Chris Madalena

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that the bass was very prominent when I first watched my dvd. I kind of like it though because usually the acoustic bass gets lost in the mix.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I do agree that it's somewhat bass heavy; however I happen to like the mix quite a bit for the same reason Chris mentioned.
On a different note, I have to say that I would highly recommend this disc to all Sting fans. It's fantastic. Also, it's 16x9 anamorphic, even though it's doesn't say that anywhere on the packaging for some unknown reason.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks