Overlining text in word???

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Andrew S, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

I can't for the life of me figure out how to place a line over a letter in wordperfect 12. I'm taking an electronics course and I'm trying to represent the compliment of a variable, and I want to overline it as opposed to the apostrphe in my lab reports, but I can't figure out how. Just something that's been bugging me for a while now, if anyone can point me in the right directin it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

Well, I don't use wordperfect so I'm not going to be all that helpful. But I can at least give you some direction.

The bar is called a macron. . . I'm not sure if that means much, but it might help you out when your looking through the help files.

as an alternative, the standard unicode character set does have a few characters with the macron already, if that's of any use at all you can use the character map to copy them into your paper. It's in

start -> programs -> accessories -> system tools

when you bring it up, select the font that you are using in the top and then cycle through characters until you find one that's suitable.

good luck!