Overlining text in word???

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Andrew S, Feb 28, 2005.

  1. Andrew S

    Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

    Sep 30, 2001
    Likes Received:
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to place a line over a letter in wordperfect 12. I'm taking an electronics course and I'm trying to represent the compliment of a variable, and I want to overline it as opposed to the apostrphe in my lab reports, but I can't figure out how. Just something that's been bugging me for a while now, if anyone can point me in the right directin it would be much appreciated.
  2. Tekara

    Tekara Supporting Actor

    Jan 8, 2003
    Likes Received:
    Well, I don't use wordperfect so I'm not going to be all that helpful. But I can at least give you some direction.

    The bar is called a macron. . . I'm not sure if that means much, but it might help you out when your looking through the help files.

    as an alternative, the standard unicode character set does have a few characters with the macron already, if that's of any use at all you can use the character map to copy them into your paper. It's in

    start -> programs -> accessories -> system tools

    when you bring it up, select the font that you are using in the top and then cycle through characters until you find one that's suitable.

    good luck!

Share This Page