Overhead Channel?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Holadem, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

2. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Holadem, your response was priceless. [​IMG]
    Honestly, I don't care if they have 102.14 channels someday as long as they make the DVD's backward compatible, like they do now. Just because a DVD has a 6.1 track, you can still listen to the 5.1 or 2 channel if you want to. The more the merrier for some folks and the less the better for others. If you can please both its a win-win.

3. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

4. Robert McClanahan

Robert McClanahan Stunt Coordinator

This sounds like all they did was have the back center surround signal go to speakers overhead.Anyone with a 6.1 processor in their home can easily do that now with their own home theater.If you have the amplification you can even split that 6th channel and have an overhead and back center surround channel.It is not rocket science.

5. Phill O

Phill O Stunt Coordinator

This must be a boom time for the speaker manufactures. After all, consumers keep buying their products as surround sound keeps "developing". Personally I think I'll stop at 5.1 . I don't think it will be worth all the extra cost and fuss to go beyond that. BUT I shall keep a open mind. If anyone would like to show me their 6/7.1 system I'll be glad to listen[​IMG]
    Another factor is allot of folks have wives and girlfriends. Would they want a room full of speakers and two subs blaring away(10.2)? In most cases I don't think so. Last time my sister came to visit my house, she wanted to listen through the TV speakers! She said that the sound was too much. Go figure.
    Oh, and every thing is calibrated and the volume was low. I guess that there is no pleasing everyone.