Overdubbed movies for humor?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick McCart, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    In my video production class, someone brought in a tape with Kid Rock's American Badass video re-edited and dubbed over to match Hanson's MMBop. Extremely funny, it reminded me of films that do this weird overdubbing. (Good job, if you're reading this!)

I know "What's Up Tiger Lily" is one of them, but are there other films that do this for humor?

2. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Actual films I'm not sure, but I thought I'd mention I have a .avi somewhere that a friend sent me once, of clips from "Pokemon: The Movie" set to a rap song called "Bitches Love Me." The funny thing is the animation was cut PERFECTLY to the music.
    Jason

3. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    What's Up Tiger Lily is great. In the late 1970's, a film called J-Men Forever was released. It contained parts of 30s and 40s serials edited together to form one movie. All of it redubbed for comedy. The plot involved plot to conquer the world with rock and roll. As far as I know, this movie has been OOP on VHS for more than 15 years, and was most recently shown on tv about 15 years ago. VHS originals sell for a few hundred bucks. I have a dub. In the mid 80s, there was a tv show on Nickelodeon called Mad Movies and the LA Connection, which redubbed portions of movies for comedy. (I remember a popular joke being fart sounds when somebody kissed) Of course, the best way to make fun of old movies is Mystery Science Theater 3ooo.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    And, most recently, Kung Pow. But, you'll have to explore that one on your own. I have no intention of seeing it.

5. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

While I can't think of any movies that have done this I do remember a few years ago there was a show on TV called "El Mundo Del Lundo" and they would take old clunker movies like "EEGGH!" or "The Hideous Sun Demon" and do overdub "voice" to them...it was always a scream!