What's new

OVER THERE (FX) (1 Viewer)

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I think this show looks pretty good and FX seems to make some quality shows (The Shield, Rescue Me). I plan on watching it, but one thing is driving me nuts. What song is playing during the first part of the preview? It's really familiar to me but I can't place it! I'm going nuts!

Edit:
Figured it out. Six Underground by the Sneaker Pimps.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really looking forward to this show. There was a long preview for it last night during 30 Days, and it looked great. I'm excited to see how they deal with the lives of the soldiers' families left behind here at home.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone see the article in the new Entertainment Weekly about this show? It's a pretty good article, and there's a DVD insert that has an interesting clip from the show. I'm getting sorta excited for it to come out.

DaveMcS

Second Unit

I've subscribed to EW since inception...and I dont get no shtinking DVD insert!! I used to get the summer movie trailer VCR tapes they sent out..but nary a DVD!

:thumbsdown:

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
That's to bad you didn't get the DVD. I'm pretty exicted about the premiere on Wednesday. Who all is gonna be tuning in?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm gonna Pass I think maybe a Year or two down the road when things sort them selves out more would've been a time to visit this topic. Right now it seems like they are taking advantage of a pretty sad situation. Also the show is going to try to walk a thin line by not getting political Ok since it deals with the Day to day lives of the soldiers I can accept that. I would guess most soldiers worry about the day to day activities and don't focus on things they have no control on, but if they even touch on anything backstateside I don't see how they could keep politics out of it. Anyhow Knowing what I know I can't in Good conscience tune in, having this on FX no less makes it evenly more decidely so.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I'm torn. I have a nephew 'over there' right now, but since I've already watched Gunner Palace I may at least catch the first episode.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I'm undecided about this show. From one perspective it seems to me that it's all about turning this war into primetime entertainment, something that I think should only be done when a war is over. On the other hand, it could actually turn out to be a good show....

I'll watch it then make up my mind. Having served for 6 years in the Army during the Desert Storm era, I'm a sucker for a good military film.;)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Saw an interview with Steven Bochco last night. He stated that he was really apprehensive about the project for all the reasons stated here. He said that like all his other projects, there are no politics in this series, other than the ones expressed by the soldiers themselves. Similar to Hill Street, LA Law and NYPD Blue, it is a character driven drama and will center around individual soldiers, not the war and/or the politics behind it. He also stated that every soldier who has previewed it has said it is spot on realistic and is a great tribute to the men/women who serve, warts and all.

I for one am there tonight and every Wed. night. I've always admired Bochco's ability to let the characters, not the politics/ideology of the creator, tell the story and don't think he'll disappoint here.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
That sounds great. I'm psyched that Bochco is attached to this. It really adds some legitimacy to the show before it even hits the air.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Just finished watching tonight's episode. I thought it was pretty good. For some reason I always have to watch any kind of war movie or show a few times before I really start to pick up on all the characters and this show certainly seems to have a lot!

I really like the video email portion. Very effective. The trailer for what's to come this season sure looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks