What's new

Over the Top (1 Viewer)

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Anybody know anything about a possible R1 dvd release of this Stallone film? I know there is a non R1 version out, but the picture and sound quality are supposed to be horrible. With Alf out on dvd, I see no reason why this film still isn't out yet.

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator

:D

I watched the French 16:9 disc and it isn't all that bad. I'm sure Sony-MGM are putting this right to the top of their list for USA release.

For those who can't wait you can get it for €9.99 from www.dvdzone2.com

Some screen grabs:

If you don't want to go multiregion try www.armwrestling.com instead.

I've no idea why so many of you guys are scared to shop outside of the USA.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Bull Hurley is a friggin monster. I remember watchin this for the first time and thinkin to myself..."there is no way Stallone can beat that guy."

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
This title is still with Warner, I believe, so I'd be inclined to ask them about it.

A big hunk of cheese (and I contribute to the 80s Movies Rewind, so I know what I'm talking about).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

On VH1's "I Love The 80s Strikes Back", why did they cover this in the action-movie segment of the 1987 episode, and not the far-superior "Lethal Weapon"?

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
One of my favorites as a kid. Robert Loggia rules - I'm not sure who is the best "Yelling" actor - but he might be up there with the other greats, Adam Sandler and of course Bob Odenkirk.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I saw this for the first time about 2 months ago on a recommendation from a friend. Being a Stallone fan, he was surprised I hadn't seen this. Definitely an excellent film. The copy I watched was a worn-out P&S VHS, so it's going to be great to see this in its OAR. Can't wait.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Just bought this yesteday. I was very surprised at how nice the transfer was for a movie that seemed to be forgotten about. Only a 2.0 track, but I expected that anyway.

I looked this up to see if I could find a review. The one I found was on the R2 disc and said it was one of the worst DVD transfers of 2004. That had me worried. Unitl I saw that WB was bringing out the R1 disc. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

This is one of my childhood "classics". Just like "Midnight Run" which I bought yesterday too!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Any extras on this one? I know that "Year Of The Dragon" (one of several titles Warner released this week) had a commentary.

Does this have anything like commentary, deleted scenes, an alternate ending or music videos?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

How about a movie about a female frisbee player who battles for her daughter against her corrupt corporate magnate stepsister?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
This is kind of a tangent, but I love this exchange from "The O.C."

Sandy Cohen: "We've got 'Fiddler on the Roof,' 'It's a Wonderful Life,' or 'Sylvester Stallone's Over The Top.'"
Seth Cohen: "Is that the arm-wrestling movie?"
Sandy (doing a hilarious Stallone impersonation): "Arm-wrestling classic."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks