Over The Hill Gang/RidesAgain DVD ?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chas_Michael, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

in the vast sea of Crummy Public Domain "Over The Hill Gand/Over The Hill Gang Rides Again DVD's, are there any DECENT quality DVD releases?

2. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

I've yet to see any, though of the few that I have actually seen, "Rides Again" usually looks a little better than the first film. I doubt that we'll ever see a great release of either of these made-for-TV films since the market place is so saturated with copies from various public domain releasing companies . . . you can sometimes even find both films for a buck at the dollar stores.

3. DwayneH

DwayneH Stunt Coordinator

The best I have seen I bought at a grocery store for $5.99. It has both movies on 1 disc and both are in DD 5.1 sound. The picture quality is very watchable. It was put out by Leisure Entertainment under a series name of Digital Gold Double Feature. The second movie does look better since the first does have a few lines on the right side of the picture from time to time. They are not that noticeable.

4. DwayneH

Who were the companies that have put out some of the poor releases so I don't try them to upgrade? There just may not be any great copies available due to the poor quality masters. The one I listed is the best I have seen. I have tried 3 different copies so far.

5. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

In the South Bend/Mishawaka area in Northern Indiana, we have a Value City - and I bought a Over the Hill Gang Rides Again - it seems like an ok quality, but of course it was $3.99 or so.

ryan

6. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

DwayneH
    can you possibly post a pic or UPC #...do they have a website?

7. DwayneH

I checked for a web site but none listed. The upc # is 37581 20002. It was distributed by Leisure Entertainment, inc. Prior Lake, MN 55372