Over the Hedge

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Anders Englund, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit

I happened to run into this at IMDB today. Apparently there will be an animated movie based on the comic strip Over the Hedge. According to the Tree-That-Knows-Stuff, Jim Carrey will be doing the voice of RJ.
    I can't wait, though it looks like I have to. Does anyone know something more about this?
    --Anders

2. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Saw the teaser of this movie on the Madegascar(sp) DVD last night...looks like a good cast and could be quite funny!
    On a side note...
    T.(Tommy) Lewis is an old family friend from my days growing up in Alaska..He used to babysit me and my sister on occasion and I always had fun because he let me play his drums when we went to his house...He even took me to see "Midway" back in the days of Sensurround...[​IMG]
    He was really into drawing back them and I remember him drawing numerous superhero sketches on napkins at Dairy Queen and sliding them back in the stack of napkins for others to see later.
    I still have a cool, pencil sketch of Batman he did for me.
    Looking forward to seeing this movie.

3. DavidPla

DavidPla Cinematographer

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Saw this tonight. Absolutely loved it. Really, really funny, really really well animated, and there's tons of neat sequences, touches & moments throughout the movie. The audience was filled with families & they seemed to have a blast. It's just a lot of fun.
    And after the credits there's a very brief sequence taking the film full circle.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Had a great time with the cast of characters, and the energy level of the film is infectious and makes it fun to watch. The animation is on the level of the previous Shrek films, but there are some really entertaining sequences in the mix as well. Kids will love it, and most adults will find it pretty entertaining.

I give it 3.5 stars, or a grade of B+.