What's new

Over the Air Set Top Boxes (1 Viewer)

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
I have recently purchased a Tosh 34" 16X9 tv. I really like it. In the next few weeks the tower which will house all five local HDTV antennas will be complete so now it is time for me to seriously consider a set top box.

I have too many trees to install a dish so I would like to get a box that doesn't include a satellite receiver. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

rw

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I'm fairly sure the only decoder that doesn't have a sat receiver is the Samsung SIR-T150. I got mine less than a week ago and I highly recommend it.

Pieter

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
As Pieter stated, the Samsung is the only OTA-only HD tuner currently on the market. However, you can still use a HD tuner with DirecTV support for OTA-only without installing a dish or subscribing to the service. Toshiba, Sony, Zenith and others make such boxes.

I own the Samsung, since it was priced right and I only needed over the air support. Samsung was offering a $100 rebate on the unit, but I'm not sure when that offer was ending.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
A review of the Samsung unit by Peter Putman can be found Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks