What's new

Over reacting? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hey all,

As I mentioned in my review thread, we went to see Spamalot last night. but, on the way in, we, or more noteably my sisters boyfriend, saw something rather strange.

We're sitting in Rush hour traffic, going on that long circular road to enter one of the tunnels, behind all the city busses. Suddenly, he mentions that he sees someone in the next car taking pictures. Not the passenger, but the driver. Apparently she was taking at least 10 every minute because he mentioned it quite a few times up untill we got into the Tunnel. The car had Jersey plates on so it couldn't have been a tourist.

I didn't really think too much of it, since I didn't actually see the lady taking the pictures, but the other familly members in the car did. But after hearing this 'Keep NY Safe' commercial on the radio, maby we should have reported it in as suspicious..

Over reacting, or not?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Definitely overreacting. I'd report them for unsafe driving through. Taking pictures while driving in heavy traffic? Dumb.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Sorry to hijack your thread Neil, but speaking of overreacting, this reminds me of something that happened to me last summer.

I'm a commercial real estate appraiser and in my line of work I often have to take photographs of subject or comparable properties.

One morning I was taking a pic of a Planned Parenthood office building that had recently sold to use as a comparable for a report I was preparing. As I stood outside on the public sidewalk taking the pic, a woman burst out the front door and confronted me. She accused me of being an anti-abortion activists and that I was there casing the place for some planned violence of some sort.

I remained calm as could be and I told her I understood her concerns. I gave her my business card and had her call my office while I stood there. After I left, this whackadoo called the FBI ON ME!!! She told them I was a known Church of Christ activist, that she'd seen me on tv and everything. She also told them I was taking pictures of employees.....all lies, I don't even go to church!

Luckily I have an uncle who is a longtime police officer in my town and he assured the officer who got the call (the FBI refered the case to the local PD)that I was nothing of the sort and this whacko was making a mistake.

There for a while, I was considered a "domestic terrorist":angry:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Was this on the Helix to the Lincoln Tunnel? If so, perhaps the driver was taking pictures of the NYC skyline which the helix does have a nice partial view on a clear day.

Dangerous, yes, but not exactly terrorism or suspicious...

jay

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Probably over-reacting. Still, I'd report anyone taking pictures from a car. It's a damn driving hazard, freaking moron.

While I doubt it's anything nefarious or "plot" oriented, in fact, insanely doubtful. But I do completely believe it was an ass of a driver who could use a ticket.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Given the rate at which I remember traffic into the tunnels moving back when I lived New York, I doubt this was much of a hazard. :) At rush hour you could change a tire or possibly paint your car without significantly affecting other drivers.

Regards,

Joe

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Was this on the Helix to the Lincoln Tunnel? If so, perhaps the driver was taking pictures of the NYC skyline which the helix does have a nice partial view on a clear day. >>

Yep, I beleive that was the route we where taking. The City Skyline is to the left. That's definetly a possiblity. I wonder if someone else reported her as we couldn't have been the only ones who saw her..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks