Over 20 New Home Theater Images

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MarioC, Mar 31, 2001.

1. MarioC

MarioC Extra

I've added over 20 new 3D images to my Home Theater Project site: http://www.webpromotion.com/htp/
    Click on 'gallery' to view them.
    I've also updated the Construction section with a few more photos.
    Enjoy!
    Mario

2. RyanM

RyanM Agent

Nice work! Good luck with the construction!
    Ryan

3. Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones Second Unit

Mario,
    Nice site! Your future plans look great. It must be nice to have such a powerful tool for pre-visualization. Did you do all of the graphics work yourself? Needless to say I'm very jealous.
    -EJ
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    my HT site

4. MarioC

MarioC Extra

EJ,
    Thanks for the kind words. Yes I did all the graphics work myself for the site as well as the 3D modeling. I own a multimedia company - so I've been playing/working with this software for years.
    It's a tough job, but someone has to do it. [​IMG]
    Mario
    -----------------------------------
    My Home Theater Project http://www.webpromotion.com/htp/

5. Tony Richardson

Mario,
    Very nice graphics!
    I am also a graphics artist and it is a joy to be able to visualize your projects ahead of time. I do all my DIY projects in Max and it makes a huge difference in the finished project. When you can see it before its actually built and make changes as needed it can save a ton of money on the actual project, as you know.
    Again, very nice site!!

6. David Lange

David Lange Auditioning

AMAZING!!!
    I loved your web site. The 3D graphics are great, but the coolest thing was the 60 sec intro. How do you actually play that intro. Do you have to have the CD in and then the Pronto synchronizes the CD with the lights, screen etc? And then starts the DVD?
    You clearly have a great eye for design. One issue that I feel in the minority about is the prominence of equipment in the room. Most people like to "display" their hardware. Put the speakers right out front. Put the Krell amp on the floor in the center. On the other hand, I preferred to hide it all. The speakers are behind fabric panels and all of the equipment is in closed cabinets. All control is via remote using IR receiver/transmitter system. Comments are invted on this issue of aesthetics. Why do you like to see your equipment?
    David

7. MarioC

MarioC Extra

Thanks David.
    The intro is burned onto a CD - through testing it's timed out with one button on the Pronto. The Sound FX are timed to the duration it takes for the screen to drop and the lights to fade, etc. I'm still tweaking it, but everyone seems to get a kick out of it.
    Due to the room, I really didn't have many options for hiding the equipment otherwise I would have. Especially since I wanted the room to be functional as a living room too. I was going to hide all the stereo equipment in the kitchen closet - but decided against it.
    It was my original intent to build columns in the front of the room to hide the speakers in, but since I don't plan to stay in this house more than a few years, I thought it was too drastic and permanent - hurting the resale value of the home.
    After having the equipment out front, I really like it. You can verify things are happening and equipment is responding to remote functions versus just hoping it's going where you want it to. Things like power on, advancing CD tracks, discs, etc. I think my next theater, I would put the equipment in rack system built into the wall but still accessible in the same room.
    Once I get the leather love seat and couch in next week, I'll put together some streaming video so people can see and hear the intro. I'll post it on my site.
    ------------------
    Mario Cascio
    -------------------
    My Home Theater
    http://www.webpromotion.com/htp