1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Outsourced - season 1 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I watched and enjoyed the pilot the night it aired, but not enough to stick with it. Yesterday, I was checking around in OnDemand and found the four most recent episodes in HD, so I decided to give them a shot. I kind of loved it. Since Community sort of reinvented itself in a way that isn't pleasing to me this season, Outsourced is kind of last year's Community for me in terms of enjoyment. I'm going to check Hulu to see if I can pick up the five eps I missed.

This is my first time to encounter Pippa Black. Whoa, Nellie! Besides her looks, that Aussie accent knocks me out. Next stop, Tribute to Blondes thread.

2. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Just did my second mini-marathon on Hulu and have now seen the entire run to date. Awesome show. According to the IMDb, this is the first and only thing Ben Rappaport has done. I think he's acquitted himself nicely. He can carry the show by himself, but he's surrounded by a uniformly excellent cast. The outsourcing premise might continue to be a turnoff to some, but it's just a way to get a culture clash going. It doesn't really either support or even critique the idea of outsourcing jobs, though it does a little of the latter by showing Todd's boss living it up back home while Todd is faced with cutbacks and potential layoffs in India. Mainly, though, it's providing exposure to the Indian culture that I've been enjoying. I've even made a few trips to wikipedia. Heh.

And, if that doesn't grab you, I've got four words: Pippa Black spice rack.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/189028/outsourced-amorous-alter-egos

Anyone wanting to give it a second or first chance can catch the entire thing on Hulu until January 16. I'm setting up a series recording when it comes back (January 20).

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Pretty solid return with last night's episode. Now does big eyes really sing that well, or was that a lip-sync (to another singer's vocals)?

4. Greg_S_H

Greg
    I wondered that myself. I'm guessing it was a lip-sync, but who knows? She's really cute, though. The misunderstanding at the bathroom door reminded me of the episode of Growing Pains were Mike snuck off to Hawaii and left Ben with a recording of his voice to fool the parents. Mom: "Mike, you've been in the bathroom all day. What are you doing in there?" Recording: "I don't know, but it sure smells good!"

5. Greg_S_H

Greg
    "I heard them say they were going to try the Flying Peacock tonight. I was relieved when I found out it was the name of a restaurant." I'm glad all of that's now out in the open. I wonder if Charlie is going to go into sabotage mode now. Tonya is totally worth throwing your friend overboard for.

I enjoyed watching Asha get a lesson in the art of the fart machine. I've become grumpy about bathroom humor as I've gotten older, but that was funny.

6. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Thomas
    Nice episode. I was dying when Madhuri and Asha were so stilted during Manmeet's shoot and Pinky walked through the shot.

7. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Kevin Hewell
    Todd really needs to get that hole in his ceiling fixed unless he likes putting on a show for Gupta.

8. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Since we're likely nearing the end of the line, I hope we get a lot more Pippa. That's what this show needs!

9. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Cancelled. I liked it, but Chuck being renewed blunts any bad news. Ben Rappaport deserves to land somewhere in the fall. For being his first professional credit at all, he did a damn good job anchoring the show. You'd never guess he lacked experience.

10. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Thomas
    [/url]

Ben Rappaport deserves to land somewhere in the fall. For being his first professional credit at all, he did a damn good job anchoring the show. You'd never guess he lacked experience.
    He's the lead in a pilot ordered by CBS: http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/ben-rappaport-to-star-in-cbs-pilot-anthony-head-cast-in-nbc-comedy/

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Here's hoping Rebecca Hazelwood lands a role soon if she wants to pursue work in TV.

12. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind looking at her or Pippa some more. Anisha Nagarajan is more cute than hot, but I really like her.

13. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Looks like the show has been cancelled... :(

'Outsourced' Cancelled By NBC, 'The Event,' & 'Law & Order: LA' Cancelled Too

NBC has picked up four more sitcoms Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea, starring Laura Prepon, Free Agents, starring Hank Azaria, Bent, starring Amanda Peet, and BFF (formerly Best Friends Forever).

Chuck will have a final 13 episode season.

ABC has picked up three sitcoms Apt. 23, Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing, and Man Up.

ABC also picked up seven dramas including Good Christian Belles (formerly Bitches), Charlie’s Angels, Once Upon A Time, Pan Am, Revenge, Scandal and The River.

ABC has renewed freshman drama Body Of Proof for a second season. Happy Endings and Shark Tank were also renewed,

'V' Cancelled, 'Brothers & Sisters,' 'Mr. Sunshine,' 'Detroit 187,' 'Off The Map,' 'No Ordinary Family,' 'Better With You' Cancelled Too by ABC.

CBS has picked up the JJ Abrams drama Person of Interest and sitcom Two Broke Girls to series for next season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/

14. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Detroit 187 was a good show. I watched it for a while (a rarity among new network shows for me). Same with Outsourced.

15. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

When I first heard of Outsourced I was like you've got to be kidding me. My job was outsourced to India so I was not really happy that NBC would create such a show. But I watched it anyway and found the characters rather funny. I got to even like it a little and now it's cancelled. Par for the course.

16. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

I'm right there with you Al in that I was pretty hard on the concept considering how many Americans have lost good jobs to outsourcing/off-shoring but I also gave the show a chance and rather enjoyed it in the end. Sad to see it go but in today's television environment not really surprised.