What's new

Outrageous!@Universal Monsters Double Features (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was in a store today, and these came in a week early. They have a SRP of $29.99. What was the store charging? $29.99! I've been waiting a long time for these, but I left empty-handed. Question: is this a "penalty" price for people buying them early, with the price expected to drop next week, or is this it?

Will K

Screenwriter
My local retailer is also selling these for a steep retail price of $29.99. Sheesh! Needless to say, I'll be getting these elsewhere.
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on August 24, 2001 at 02:23 AM]

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My experience was at a local retailer. I'll check again next week. Otherwise, I'll have to look elsewhere.
[Edited last by Robert Crawford on August 24, 2001 at 02:24 AM]

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Wait for the box set. No, I don't have any news that there will be one, but please, like it's not gonna happen, and like we won't be able to get them for 20-25 each. Don't know about you, but I have to have every single one; I just don't have to have them right now. Remember, They put at least four, maybe five of the original releases out before they announced the first box set.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Members,
Never mention the name of a retailer that breaks street date in your posts. The studio seriously frowns on such practice and it's to our advantage that retailers continue to break the street dates. Thank you.
I was in a store today, and these came in a week early. They have a SRP of $29.99. What was the store charging? $29.99!
Looks like they never drop below the MSRP! Could be a cliche in their pricing system because the price should have been at least 10-15% off that price.
Crawdaddy
------------------

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Never mention the name of a retailer that breaks street date in your posts. The studio seriously frowns on such practice and it's to our advantage that retailers continue to break the street dates. Thank you.
Out of curiosity … why? There are several studio representatives that post regularly to the forum, and it seems like it's always been the goal to earn their respect and treat them with good will. Like you said, the stusios "seriously frown" on such practices, wouldn't we want to help our treasured studios catch the offending vendors?
Yes, it's "to our advantage that retailers continue to break the street dates," but it's also to our advantage that pirates issue bootleg discs of titles that are otherwise unavailable on DVD, and we can't even discuss those here. Isn't it sort of a double standard?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks