Output voltage on 1014

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by ChuckEanes, Feb 14, 2005.

1. ChuckEanes

ChuckEanes Auditioning

Does anyone know exactly what this spec is for this receiver?

Chuck

2. Dick Boneske

Dick Boneske Stunt Coordinator

Complete specs of the 1014 are listed on the Pioneer.com website. Output voltage is not normally specified for audio amplifiers. They are rated in terms of watts of power into various speaker impedances. Typical output voltage at normal listening levels would be in the range of 0-10 volts. Remember, car audio amplifiers (except high end ones) have only 12 volts to work with.

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

You mean -10 to +10...speakers run on AC [​IMG]

Like Dick says, you won't find a voltage rating because that alone is a useless metric when it comes to amplifier output power. Speakers are driven more by current (amperage) than voltage. 100 volts at 1 amp = 100 Watts...10 volts at 10 amps = 100 Watts.

4. John S

John S Producer

There is an older standard for distribution.. I think those were like 70v. I can't imagine this is his concern though.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Are you asking about analog output voltage for one of the pre-outs or speaker level outputs? The analog pre-out voltage should be specified somewhere in the manual.

6. ChuckEanes

ChuckEanes Auditioning

Output voltage for the pre-outs is what im talking about. Like most recievers are 1v and some high end preamps are like 2v and up to 10v for balanced. Basically I have an ATI2505 on the way and will have to use the pioneers preouts until I can get a serious prepro (sunfire theater Grand). Just hoping the pioneer will suffice and not have to work my amp so hard to peform well.

Thanks
    Chuck

7. John S

John S Producer

Hmmm. I am also thinking of using a Pioneer 1014 / 1015 as my pre / pro, please post back, and let us know your results. I was going to place the order tomorrow for it even. I may hold off, till I hear back from you.

8. ChuckEanes

ChuckEanes Auditioning

Any new thoughts on this?

Thanks