What's new

Output to two sets of speakers (1 Viewer)

EiEiOhh

Auditioning
Real Name
Ole
I'd like to connect patio speakers to my sound system and select the output to either Family Room speakers or Patio Speakers
Can it be done?
Will I need additional equipment to do this?
Is it expensive?
thanks

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
What components do you currently have? You probably just need a second set of speakers, preferrably designed for outdoor use, and some speaker wire.
Most receivers have either the option of Zone 2 (seperate signals to different rooms, cd player to the patio, dvd player to the livingroom) or an A/B switch (same signal to both rooms, A, B or A + B).

EiEiOhh

Auditioning
Real Name
Ole
Hey Gene.. Thanks for your reply
I have a Kenwood VR-616 amp and a pair of 200w outdoor speakers. Here is the amp manual
I do have empty Tape Inputs that I can plug my device into and it plays fine through the Family room speakers. I just don't know where to plug my patio speakers into. I tried the tape out but that didn't work
I have CD/DVD (optical in)
I have a HTPC in the AUX jacks
thanks

EiEiOhh

Auditioning
Real Name
Ole
I have a Kenwood VR-616 amp and a pair of 200w outdoor speakers. Here is the amp manual
I do have empty Tape Inputs that I can plug my device into and it plays fine through the Family room speakers. I just don't know where to plug my patio speakers into. I tried the Tape Out jacks but that didn't work
The only devices I have connected are:
CD/DVD (optical in)
HTPC AUX in
Thanks

EiEiOhh

Auditioning
Real Name
Ole
I do have empty Tape Inputs that I can plug my device into and it plays fine through the Family room speakers. I just don't know where to plug my patio speakers into. I tried the Tape Out jacks but that didn't work
CD/DVD (optical in)
HTPC AUX in
Thanks

EiEiOhh

Auditioning
Real Name
Ole
CD/DVD (optical in)
HTPC AUX in
Thanks

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Sorry for the late reply. Been gone a lot lately.
The 616 doesn't have Zone 2 or the A/B speaker switching so there really isn't anyplace to connect the speakers to. Your best bet is to use a speaker selector/switch like this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Speaker-Selector-Impedance-Matching-Output/dp/B002I9XKTE/ref=sr_1_26?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1340498502&sr=1-26

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks