What's new

Outpost.com Backorders--Definitely NOT a bargain! (1 Viewer)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I have some DVDs currently in "backorder" status at Outpost.com including such obscure(!) titles as "Zoolander", "The Score", "M*A*S*H", "The Heist", and "Romeo and Juliet SE". All of the DVDs were ordered at a steep discount thanks to Outpost's aggressive pre-order pricing.
So far, only one title has been shipped and the rest remain on "backorder," some even after 100+ days. The one shipped title was part of an order for several DVDs--the rest of which are...you guessed it...backordered. Of course, Outpost felt it was OK to charge me for shipping for the whole order when the first disc shipped. :angry:
I got an e-mail yesterday from Outpost.com warning me that if I didn't call to keep the order(s) open, they would be cancelled. So I called to extend my orders and asked what the status was of these DVDs. According to the CSR, they are "unavailable from the manufacturer."
Say WHAT? :rolleyes:
It is laughable to suggest that DVD titles like these are "unavailable from the manufacturer." I think Outpost is either stonewalling people on their orders or they can't pay their creditors and they're cut off from further shipments of merchandise. Given the number of complaints I've read online about Outpost's suspicious backorders, I tend to believe the former. Either way, it sure makes me think twice before ordering anything from Outpost again.
I'm curious if other HTF members have run into this problem with Outpost.com.

Wade K

Second Unit
I've ordered the 4th season of AbFab and a few other things without problems, however, I have heard of a lot of people waiting for orders, and then finally cancelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks