What's new

Outlook mail question (1 Viewer)

ArnieCunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lyn
Comfused. I deleted my trash outlook mail. From the mail on my ipad. But uf i go to outlook mail via webroswer my outlook mail trash is still there. Why?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There is probably a setting for deleting your trash that controls whether it just deletes the local trash folder on the current device or actually deletes the contents of the trash folder on the server.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Outlook is an email client, just as your browser or the email app on the iPad are. Each should be syncing with a back-end email server -- Gmail, Yahoo Mail, your Internet provider's email server, etc. On each client, you will want to make sure that any changes made via that particular client are synced back to the server, and not just made locally. That goes for things like marking a message as read, deleting messages, emptying the trash, etc.

Usually if you are accessing your email via a browser this happens automatically -- at least it does with Gmail and Yahoo mail. It's been awhile since I used an iPad, but I do remember it was a little cumbersome to get its email app setup to sync with Gmail especially.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Arnie,

Inside Outlook (on your PC) go to "File" and "Account settings" (you have to choose the last one twice, so to say). Select your account and click "Change". Now go to "More settings". Click the tab saying "Advanced".

There you will see (at the bottom) how long your account wants to leave a message on the server after you got it. Change that if you wish and save the settings by clicking all the necessary "OK"s.

Good luck!

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks