Outlook Custom Forms problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Al_S, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

Anybody create custom forms in Outlook? I use Outlook 2003 and created a custom form. I published it to my personal forms library but when I do a test and send it to myself it just shows a blank message and a copy will show up in my drafts folder. If I open the version that is my drafts folder it shows my form correctly but no data is shown only blank fields after I had input some information. I installed Office 2003 SP1 just to see if that helped and it didn't. Anybody have any ideas?

2. Paul Padilla

Paul Padilla Supporting Actor

We use them from time to time in our environment...mostly to send regular messages which only need certain figures updated without having to write the entire message and select recipients each time.

What kind of form did you create? Formatted text...preselected recipients, etc.

(stupid question) Did you choose that form to send your test E-mail with Tools>Forms>Choose Form?

I'm not sure why one would be showing up in your drafts, though.

3. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

I edited the Message Form and yes I did use Tools --> Forms --> Choose Form. I got the form to show up now and the data does show up by unselecting "Seperate Read Layout" under Forms menu when in Design Mode. The problem I'm having now is that I have checkboxes that aren't working for some reason. I'd like to create a checkbox group so people can only check one option and not both. I'm also seeing a copy in my Draft folder after I send it to myself.

4. Paul Padilla

Paul Padilla Supporting Actor

Sorry...You're already getting into more designing than I've dealt with. My first inclination is to use radio buttons rather than checkboxes since they are typically intended to be either/or choices.