What's new

Outlook 2K running slow with IE7 (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm using a newer XP machine at home, and have Outlook 2000 running.

Ever since switching to IE7, everytime I type a new email message in Outlook, the words I type take almost 30 seconds to appear on the screen...The reason I'm sure it's IE7 is because at one point in time when this happened, I uninstalled IE7 and Oulook worked normally (maybe 2 months ago I did the uninstall)....recently I decided to go ahead and re-install IE7 and sure enough every email I type takes for ever to do...everything else in Outlook works fine.

According to MS Office website, there are no updates relating to this issue to download.

Any thoughts?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm running Outlook 2002 and IE7 with no problems. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook after IE7 is installed?

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Outlook will, for instance, use Cleartype when IE7 is installed. Outlook and IE7 are sharing a lot of components and changes in one affects the other.

If you are running on a not-very-high speced machine especially then that fact alone might be an issue. Personally I didn't see much of a slowdown if any, but I am on a core duo at work, so... I disabled Cleartype anyway because I think it looks horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhirooajantoom