What's new

Outlook 2010 & Moving Files? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've got outlook running on win7 pro. I setup several email accounts as imap. After setting them up, I decided I wanted to move my data file to a different folder, something I've done in the past with no problem. However this time I noticed there are several pst files, one for each email account and the standard outlook.pst file. Until recently my email accounts were pop3 and now are imap and I presume this is the reason for the individual pst files for each email account. So I figure, move the files to where I want them, then use the data tab in account settings to add these data files in their new locations. The email tab does not give the opportunity to add email accounts in a specific folder. Yes, I can add the email account pst files in the data tab and they show up in the outlook leftmost pane (forget what its called). However, they are not really active email accounts. If I do a send/receive, no activity takes place with these accounts. If I go to the email tab and add the accounts, I can't specific where the pst files go. How can I point outlook at the folder I want for the email account pst files?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
IMAP stores mail on the server, not on your local. Those PSTs for IMAP are placeholders for your outbound (sent) mail and local drafts. They aren't designed to move things into/out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks