Outlook '02 question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jay H, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    After our IT dept had to shut off our IMAP and POP3 protocols, I am forced to use Outlook with an MS Exchange server, so I had to convert my Eudora addresses and filters to Outlook (which doesn't seem as flexible) I have a couple questions:

Filters, in Eudora I can use some logical operators to say filter external mail from internal mail. I used to simply filter on the "From" field for domains NOT our own, but Outlook doesn't seem to support the "not" function and their Rules seem way to structured and seemed geared towards inexperienced users. I did find out that since Outlook doesn't include the email address unless it's an "internet address" (??????) I can filter out outside email by the "@" simple but it is a stupid way to do this. The help files are no help. Is there a way to use a "not" in the rules?

Also, in Outlook, you can send new messages in either plain or styled (or HTML (????) that outlook calls it) but it doesn't control how I reply to mail, if I receive a stylzed mail, when I reply, it seems to reply in styled mail, can I convert it to plain in the settings rather than having to use 'Format' every stinking time???? There doesn't seem to be an option in this..

Arrrrgghhh, I'm really begining to know why I ditched Outlook in the first place...

Is there another client that supports an Exchange server?

Jay

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Aha, I fixed the option to force all email to be read as "plain text". I had to edit my registry to do so. Unbelievable, if you ask me, but at least it works now, when I reply to sender of a message in plain text, Outlook will at least reply in plain text.

Still like to figure out if it is possible to use "not" operators in the rules filter.

Jay