What's new

Outlaw's response to hiss complaints? (1 Viewer)

Larry B

Screenwriter
I have never heard any hiss from my Outlaw. Of course, this may relate to my not owning one.

Larry-trying-to-decrease-the-gloomy-mood-around-here-B

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Steve, thanks for the update. Glad to see you have joined the rest of us happy campers :emoji_thumbsup:

SteveRichardson

Auditioning
I was actually pretty happy with the first unit, even before delving into all of this noise floor stuff. The noise bothered me on some subconscious level a bit, but it was easy to forget and just enjoy the movie soundtrack. Now the only worry I have is getting everything hooked back up in my home theater room!

Outlaw should ship cable gnomes with each unit that can walk behind your rack and re-cable for you...

W

Will

At this point, Outlaw chose to involve me with some of the technical information coming back from the engineers, as I am an engineer with audio experience myself. I was privy to some of the emails and documents that were going between their engineers, and they were indeed taking the problem quite seriously. There were several leads that the Outlaw engineers pursued and tested in their own labs without my direct involvement over the course of the past few weeks.
Yesterday, I received my third unit, which has a greatly improved noise floor due to the results of these changes.
--
this one's definitely a keeper.
Steve Richardson,
Thank you very much for the update! I can understand if you can't tell us the details of the improvements Outlaw made which they told you in confidence, or were works in progress, before the improvements were finalized. But I hope the Outlaws someday tell the public about the final improvements that resulted in your 950's greatly improved noise floor (perhaps in a future newsletter). Do you think the Outlaws will add the improvements you found resulted in a greatly improved noise floor, in future 950 batches?
I sure hope future 950's will have the noise floor improvements your "keeper" 950 has, but I'm not sure.
Will

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Just how much mud has to be sling at Outlaw for the 950? Do we have to make Outlaw out to be a greedy and irresponsible company before everyone is satisfied? Why don't we just set aside the speculations and base our discussions only on the facts? And the fact is that Outlaw has not left anyone high and dry with a 950 they don't like or are having problems with. So if you have evidence that proves otherwise, please share it with us or stop the pointless speculations.

SteveRichardson

Auditioning
Hear hear, Michael.

Outlaw have proven themselves to be responsive to problems and dedicated to ensuring their customers are happy. It would seem that there are people in the world who are only happy when they're attempting to make others miserable, though.

While Outlaw may debatably have made a lot of mistakes in the launch of the 950, I think it's safe to say that they're not going to make any future decisions that are going to send them out of business. They have every motivation to treat their customers well. It's under that directive that they're tweaking and changing the product to improve the experience for the few customers that have had problems.

One only needs to look at the many positive reviews the 950 has had to see that it is a winner for a lot of people. My advice is this: if you've got a 950 and don't like it - return it. That's what the 30-day policy is for. Then buy something you _do_ like and spend your energy doing something constructive. Don't waste your or our time by beating the same dead horse.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Steve,
Thank you for the good news! I knew the Outlaws wouldn't give up ... it just doesn't seem to be in their nature. :)
Michael,
Unfortunately there are some people who, for some reason that I have been unable to fathom, seem to feel that Outlaw has deeply and personally offended them and therefore simply can not concieve of Outlaw "doing the right thing" by their customers. These folks just can't seem to let go of the "Great Conspiracy". :frowning:

James Tg

Stunt Coordinator
I had high hope with Outlaw at first. With the hiss problem, it really brings to me concerns. I am on the waiting list for a while, and know they stop shipping for some unknown reason. Also, their May newletter has not come out yet as of today (06/07). In the mean time, I also heard so many positive Rotel 1066 reviews from customers. With the uncertainties from the Outlaw and positive Rotel 1066 reviews, my attention has turned to Rotel. I am going to try 1066 from local Rotel dealers soon.

W

Will

I think Outlaw has built what Steve considers a 950 with a greatly improved noise floor, compared to his original 950.

Jeffrey_S

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,

I didn't see anything inflamitory about what Will said. He didn't underline "but I'm not sure" as you have. I believe that Outlaw has stated that they would correct the noise floor issue on a case by case basis and I think that Will reflected that sentiment in his post.

Yes, some have become too quick to criticize Outlaw but some have also become too quick to defend them as well. I, for one, don't think Will said anything wrong.

Just my humble opinion.

Jeff

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I very strongly agree with both Will and Jeff:
It was mentioned by Steve (Prefect) that Outlaw will take care of current units on a case by case basis. But nothing was said about future production.
I would *hope* and *guess* that future batches have this fix, but I don't think anyone has said that this would necessarily be the case. :) Yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks