What's new

Outlaw??? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The only 'glitch' is that separate trim levels can't be set for each format(DTS, DD etc)
I wouldn't call this a "glitch". I know some components save separate trim levels for different formats, IMO it's better to have them be universal for all modes. This is a common behavior on many prepros and receivers (certainly all the ones I've owned have worked this way). Just another POV. I think this is a "great feature", and anything but a "glitch".

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I was a Beta Tester of the 950, and tried several units that had variations, and upgrades in the software .....
I'm also on my 3rd 950,but the so called "upgrades,and variations" are due to problems with some units.My first 2 were replaced because of the "noise" issue[audible hiss from all speakers,even without signal],they also exhibited the DTS ES bass managment bug[when DTS ES was enagaged,the sub out only received the redirected bass from other "small" channels,the LFE was discarded].The 3rd unit got all those problems fixed.There are some quirks that occasionally bothers me like the slow locking onto digital signal with DVDs,or not locking on it at all on the CD input only.One thing is for sure that,
Outlaw has the best of C.S. that I had to deal with.
For the feature/performance/price ratio this unit can't be beat.

Bill Polley

Second Unit
I agree! I will keep mine until I get upgraditis again. (almost 20 yrs since the last time I got it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks