What's new

Outlaw Volleyball anyone? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Outlaw volleyball comes out today. I was wondering if anyone was thinking about getting it. From what I've read on other forums, it actually has good gameplay unlike that other volleyball game. To makes things even better, its on xbox live. I'm going to wait for more reviews of it, but I'm thinking of getting it so hopefully I'll have a game my wife will enjoy playing with me. :)

ChrisV

Second Unit
Yup, I'm taking a wait and see on this one. I'm optimistic, though, as I enjoyed Outlaw Golf immensely, and the buzz has been good so far.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Mine is on order, BUT it doesn't ship until approx 7/22.
Also have that PS2 game on that order.

I love the DOA one.

Peter

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
I have read TWO good reviews on teamxbox and xbox365. Looks very promising. I think I will get this. Amazing how XBOX Live support makes me interested in games I would never have otherwise purchased. I wonder if Microsoft has some hard numbers on how XBlive support increases the sell-through of product. I'd be very interested in that.

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-Well, form what I've read it looks promising! Of course that means I'll be opening the wallet again soon. This certainly looks like one of the 'get the girlfriend on the xbox games.' My girlfriend enjoyed playing the Outlaw golf demo because of the play and presentation, and from what i've read this game should be a better offering of the same, plus Live enabled.

Live Gamer Tag :JTello

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
"FYI, there are reports that all of the discs are scratched, so check yours out while still at the store."

Where did you hear this?

I think I am going to pick it up. Based on the reviews I have seen at www.gamerankings.com and other things I hear, it looks like a solid purchase. I liked Outlaw Golf but eventually traded it. I am more interested in this than Outlaw Golf (especially with the LIVe support).

Now to try to actually find the time to play all of these recent games.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I think I'm going to pick this one up today. I'll give my impressions later on tonight after I get off work.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Yes, there is a report of some discs being scratched, but nobody has had a problem with the game not running properly. It seems to be only a "visual" scratch. Hypnotix, the company that developed the game, acknowledged the scratches and said the game would play fine.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Well, I went to pick it up on my lunch break but it was sold out at EB and Gamestop doesn't have them in yet. Anybody else have any luck?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Is the 'scratch' an embedded 'coffee ring' that kinda looks like the disc was used as a coaster?

Some early anime DVDs from Animeigo had this problem, and it did affect playback on a certain percentage of players.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I'm not sure exactly what the scratch is, I only know that is hasn't affected the playability of anyone's game yet.

Well, I don't know that for a fact, it's based on other videogame forums I read.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Im going to pick the game up but will be waiting
til the next shipment comes so I can get a non-scratched
game. If I wanted a scracthed game I would rather pay
for a used one. I expect my games to be in perfect
condition like my DVDs when I buy them new.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks