What's new

Outlaw IR 1000 questions (1 Viewer)

Al_Reb

Agent
Does anyone have it? If so, do you have it with broadband or dial-up? How is the reception?

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I believe this product is still several months from release. I'm assuming, from the preliminary information over on the Outlaw Forum, that it is a broadband device. Since it is Internet based it probably supports dial-up as well, although I would think that you would lose some of the clarity (just as the difference between dial-up and broadband on the web).

Since I just installed a DSL line (I get consistant 1.3Meg download speed) I'm looking forward to getting one of these when it's released.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Get in line Robert! I've been nudging Scott & Peter about this ever since I heard about it. :) And since I've got a whole house network and RJ45 network drops at both HT locations ... I'm a perfect candidate to help beta test it. At least I keep telling them that. :)

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
This is a unit that has piqued my curiousily (mainly from the "cool gadget" standpoint -- although if I had more decent radio stations, I might actually listen to the radio), and I've been watching it for a couple months now and have asked the Outlaws a question or two about it along the way. It is not yet available, but it sounds like they'll be focusing a lot more on it now that the 950 design is done. It should only be a few months away. As Pat mentioned, there was some talk of a beta test in the last newsletter. (And like Pat, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a beta unit...)

As for connectivity, it is geared mainly toward broadband (built-in Ethernet card that will handle DHCP for IP address or can have an IP address assigned manually), but it also has a built-in modem if you want to use a dial-up account to get online. I suspect that most of the modems will sit idle, since it would mean tying up a phone line to listen to the radio (which wouldn't be bad if you had a dedicated "modem" phone line and didn't need to be online on the computer at the same time).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks