Outlaw ICBM

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Benihana, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Benihana

Benihana Stunt Coordinator

Is it possible just to use the ICBM as a 2 channel crossover? I have a prologic Yamaha RX-v870 feeding 2 outboard amps into my Mirage M-3si speakers, and i also have a 230L sealed Tempest that i'm trying to seamlessly blend in. It seems like the M-3si play low enough to where the subwoofer clashes with it and muddies up the bass. I want to cut the output at 65hz on the mirages and direct the rest to the Tempest. Will the ICBM do this for me or will i have to look at another active crossover, or possibly the ACI passive filters, how are those??

2. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

3. Benihana

Is there any kind of receiver in this price range upto $300 that will do this also, just for 2 channel, and also have amp preouts? I need a new one anyway, and If i can find one that will have a cutoff as low as 50hz, i would rather go that route.

4. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

If you just need 2 channel, I'd look into the Paradigm X-30. Should be a little cheaper.

5. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

In the $300 price range, I expect you will find preamp outs, but a fully flexible crossover may be more difficult to find.

The lower price ranges typically have fixed crossovers, but there are lots of models out there, and its even money you can find one. The trick is determining which have it. It not something that is always spelled out in a spec sheet.

BGL

6. Benihana

Well, i was thinking about selling my receiver and then using that along with my budget, should be around $500 total, and pick up one of those new Pioneer 1014tx receivers, will that have what i'm looking for??