What's new

Outlaw has reduced the price of 950 pre-pro to $799 (1 Viewer)

Arron H

Second Unit
Is there a major brand that the Outlaws sound comparable to? I just purchased a Rotel RMB1075 to go with N805s and was considering adding a 1066 down the road. However, at $550 less I really want to check into Outlaw. I have auditioned the 1066/1075 combo with N805s and know that it sounds excellent to my ears - does anyone know how Outlaw sounds with B&W N805s? Has anyone out there auditioned both of the combos, 950/1075 verses 1066/1075?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I get the feeling they are setting up the release of their new pre pro(the rumored one that was supposedly better than the 950). Rotel is releasing a big brother pre pro for $3k(wasn't it?) and I'm sure iirc Outlaw is too.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I've now purchased the 1050 reciever, the ICBM, and a gaggle of PCA cables from Outlaw. To say I'm satisfied with the products and customer service is putting it mildly... I truly appreciate what these guys have done, and can think of no other company that's done more to bring high quality audio gear into the budget price-range.

What I'm hoping for is a price reduction on some Outlaw AMPS!!! :D

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
Rich ,
Have you considered buying a used Outlaw amp? I bought Gregg Loewens used 750 at a substantial savings over new. He obviously babied the amp as it is in immaculate condition. There's a guy at the Outlaw Saloon area advertising one for $585.00 as of 6/9. The 950 is really tempting me now with the price drop and family discount. I just got my issue of the SGTHT and they gave it a very nice write up.

John.Meer

Agent
Shane,

I think you are right. They really couldn't be serious releasing a 2-channel receiver (RR2150?), could they? Maybe the RR2150 was a styling mockup.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
John,

There is a huge market for a good 2 channel audiophile receiver. Outlaw is filling a niche market. (IMHO)

Regards

Gregg

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I won't be in the market for a new receiver upgrade for a while yet- at least until I can afford it. I have never even heard an Outlaw amp, but am confident in their in-home trial period program to ensure my satisfaction. I've decided that my 333ES will be my last receiver, and it will then be time to enter the wonderful world of seperates. It seems that Outlaw is not only a great bang for the buck, but the quality of the equipment and sound rivals amps placed at much higher prices. I just can't see spending a significantly larger amount of money for equipment that sounds only marginally (sp?) better, if better at all (at least according to the posts I've read). I guess I won't really know until the time to buy actually comes.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The closest thing to an Outlaw amp is an ATI (built like a brick chicken house). The Outlaw amps, unless something has changed, are ATI-made to Outlaw's specs. ATI makes amp parts for many companies.

One thing that is different between Outlaw and ATI is that there are fewer bipolar output stages in the Outlaw amps. ATI also has moved to 100% balanced amps (there is one line that's still single ended).

ATI's are not really that "bright," but they are unforgiving of the source material.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks