What's new

Outlaw/Axiom/SVS combo. (1 Viewer)

Rey_Ramos

Agent
Hello everyone. I have had my setup long enough to make a few comments on how it is working out. I am very very happy with the results. I ended up with 4 Axiom M22TI's, 1 Axiom VP150, Outlaw 1050 receiver and SVS Ultra/Samson1000 combo. After breaking it all in for over a month I have no regrets in what I bought. The only speakers that I like more at this point are the Revel M20's, that says a lot for the Axiom performance.
The Outlaw 1050 is really nice. It does everything well. Simple to setup and the adjustable crossover is a nice feature. Don't let the 65watt rating fool you. I can get the Axioms to insane listen levels. I was afraid to pair up the Axioms with the 1050 because I heard they were both on the bright side, but after breaking them both in, the brightness is gone and things sound great. Voices are real, horns sound fantastic. They are very revealing though so while some recordings sound great other aren't. The only thing missing is bass below 50hz but that's what the Ultra is for. :D
The Ultra is one of, if not, the baddest sub creation around!!! Their products and their service is TOP NOTCH! I don't consider myself an audiophile but I have very picky ears, especially with bass. That's why I went as high a model as I could. Having heard the Revel B15, had the Velodyne HGS 18 in my house for a few weeks, played with the Sunfire Signature for hours at a local shop, in my most honest opinion, the Ultra is everything one would want out of a subwoofer. And imagine I could still order a second one and still be under the price of most of the others. I guess you guys can tell. I am a very happy man!!!!

Dan Steffen

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Rey. Looks like you have a killer setup that you will enjoy for a long time.

It's also very interesting that you are doing pretty much the same thing I am....buying all internet direct stuff. I have 2 SVS subs and a diva setup. I think for the money, these systems simply can't be beat

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Is that the Ultra with the new TV-12 woofer? If so, I agree that it is the absolute best I've heard. I went to listen to all the multi-thousand dollar subs out there but none satisfied me as much as my single Ultra. I was previously crazy about the Aerial SW-12, but it's more than I could afford($4500). If price was no object, I'd still go with the Ultra. I demoed the same material on the Aerial as I did with the Ultra and the winner was the SVS. It was a touch more musical, with lots more dynamic impact for HT. Even though the Ultra is not exactly cheap, it might be the best deal out there.

Rey_Ramos

Agent
Frank,
Yep, it's the new TV-12 driver. And yes it is probably the best deal out there. The journey to hometheater happiness was very long and hard to make a final decision but the Ultra is the gem in my system. And not matter what system I upgrade to (:) ) it will always be there. It is truly a sound work of art.

Marc H

Second Unit
Hi Rey

Glad you're enjoying the Axioms and thanks again for your business.

Cool surround imaging, eh? That's still one of my favourite combinations. The performance and timbre matching between the VP150Se and the M22Tise creates a magic that's hard to duplicate with other combinations.

Rey_Ramos

Agent
Hey Marc. Didn't know you were on this forum. I really do love the Axioms. The VP150 is really a great center channel. Dialogue is clear and off axis sound is great. The M22Tise are wonderful with music and movies. I can't say enough good things about them. Soon I will be moving and getting a bigger living room to put them in. Though they sound good at low volumes they do like to be played loud (or "I" like when they are loud). Thanks so much Marc for helping me make the right choice.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the comments on the SVs guys,
Rey, if you haven't seen it yet...there is a new review on the Ultra posted at the Link Removed site.
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks