What's new

Outlaw Audio LFM-1Sub?! (1 Viewer)

terence

Supporting Actor
I'm sure some of you seen this, but if not good. Looks like everyone is getting into the sub game.

Model LFM-1 Specifications

Driver Type: Down Firing, 12" Long-throw Woofer

Ports: Dual

Amplifier Power Rating: 325WRMS; 1300W peak

Frequency Response: 25Hz. -180Hz. +/- 2 dB

Crossover Type: Linkwitz-Reilly 4th Order Low Pass Network

Crossover Frequency: 40Hz to 180Hz and Bypass

Phase: 0 to 180 Degrees

SPL: 115dB (subject to placement and room gain)

Dimensions: (HxWxD) 21.75” x 15.0” x 22.0”

Weight: 58 lbs

terence

Supporting Actor
I love this hobby it's always something new coming out for us to talk about. Keeps it fresh. :emoji_thumbsup:

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Actually I remember the first email they sent me hyping it something to the extent of "most sub you'll get for under a $1000", gee, I guess PC2 made them change their slogan.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a great sub, with both Outlaw's and HSU's reputation for making great products for the price point, I expect it to perform as stated.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
My question is, is it really twenty pounds lighter than its Hsu STF-3 twin?

I think I'd pay the extra $20 and get the exta 4 years of warantee that Hsu gives.

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator

Hsu lists shipping weight, Outlaw lists unit weight.

I had an STF-2 which had a listed shipping weight of 52 lbs. I ended up returning it and in the same packaging it weighed 47 lbs. when shipped back. Not sure where the 5 lbs. went...

VinhT

Second Unit
For some reason, this statement really bothers me. I have never heard of down-firing ports having any advantage over side-firing or top-firing ports with regards to port noise.

Overall, I am unimpressed. A comparable, yet proven, SVS subwoofer can be had for just a bit more.

BenCosta

Agent
with the new HK receiver my folks are looking into, a new sub would definitely be cool. I found some info in Outlaws on-line forum here ubb.outlawaudio.com/cgi-local/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=LFM-1&number=20&DaysPrune=1000&LastLogin=

Peace-

Ben

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I don't think that they are making the claim that because it is down firing it has no port noise. I think they are saying the downfiring DESIGN as a whole does.

Outlaw has made some very impressive products and has made a great name for themselves in a relatively short time. I would be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt that this will be a good product.

They have definetely proven themselves thus far, give 'em a break.

BenCosta

Agent
I think the key word hear is "audible". Port noise is real. Aiming the port at the ground should reduce the "audible" port noise. Seems a legitimate statement...Of course, I ordered one for my folks today. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.

Peace-

Ben

Andrus_R

Stunt Coordinator
Forget that, my homebuilt $400 downfiring passive sub will beat that easily *flex* :)

Mine weights 76 lbs - unit weight not shipping weight HAHA. Even that made the sub hop at extreme volumns on some bass intensive scenes in lotr part2. *grin*

So i had to fabricate a bottom plate and attach to the legs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks