What's new

OUTLAW Audio cables (1 Viewer)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
With all the bad press regarding Monster Interlink cables (justified or not) I was wondering if anybody has experience with the cables from Outlaw Audio? Just received my ICBM and need to buy a whole bunch of cable...12 to be exact. There PCA 1.2M is around $20.00 each...seems to good to be true?

HowardGjr

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I don't have any experience with Outlaw cables. However, I do know that they have a "no return" policy. For this reason, I would make sure that they were exactly what you want.

An excerpt from Outlaw Audio order page.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well it's not really too good to be true. They're made overseas where it's not expensive. However as Howard pointed out, no return unless defective.

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Mike Sloan,

I purchased 6 outlaw PCA 1.2M interconnect cables, and was amazed by the quality of these cables. I have been so impressed with these cables that I will soon be changing out the rest of my Monster Cable RCA interconnects with Outlaw PCA's. And don't feel that they are inferior just because they were made overseas, the construction of these cables are just incredible. They use very high quality oxygen free copper, pure silver solder, excellent sheilding, and the locking type barrel connectors are first rate.

I think it's a very classy looking interconnect that sounds as good as it looks. Cables that i've seen with this level of quality cost at least 3x more. If you're still a bit skeptical, buy 1 pair and see what YOU think of them, and if you like them then order some more. I really think you'll like them, but that's my opinion.

SV:)

Roy Van Nostrand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roy Van Nostrand
I bought four pairs of the the 1.2m and am very impressed! These exceeded my expectations. Great bang for the buck!

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Supposed to be decent for the cost but like its been stated before 'you buy em you own em'. IMO a really Stupid policy for an on-line company.
I believe they are made in China which explains why they cost so little.
You should also check out the Zucable products. They have a low priced cable with a great return/refund/upgrade policy.

Roy Van Nostrand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roy Van Nostrand
Supposed to be decent for the cost but like its been stated before 'you buy em you own em'. IMO a really Stupid policy for an on-line company.
This was previously stated in so many words. The reason I posted was to validate the quality of these cables and to ensure they don't need to be returned.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Roy,

If you had purchased them and found them lacking then what?
Because you liked them others may not and they would be stuck with them. There are other low cost alternatives that do not have this ridiculous no return policy.That was my point.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i agree with mark.

i don't care if i'm buying a 10.00 dollar clock radio or a 1500.00 dollar stereo.

no return policy = no sale

but those cable do look pretty sweet. it's a darn shame i tell ya what.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
After looking at the 2 cable sites, I'd feel much better about buying from Fatwyre than Outlaw. Then again most of what Fatwyre carries I can get locally w/o a trial fee.

To call them scammers or people who like to sucker folks is way over the top. To sucker for you would have to do something deceptive which they aren't doing. Everything is laid out in front of you. Same goes for Outlaw. Neither one is ripping you off as you know what to expect, you don't have to give them yor cc # :)

Roy Van Nostrand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roy Van Nostrand

Good point! To each his own. I found them very, very acceptable for the price, which is probably why they don't have a try 'em and return 'em policy. I wouldn't go so far to call it ridiculous though.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well then let's just say they cater to credophiles...my, that sounds almost ominous. fwiw, Phoenix, which is sold at partsexpress has a similar 20" cable in the sense that it's "single crystal" (Part Number 263-850) for $24.50. Don't know if that's for one or one pair. There's other construction differences but it seems they're all jumping on the "single crystal" bandwagon.
The stores where you are Shane don't flip the sign to closed when they see you coming do they? After a while, you've got to buy something :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks