What's new

Outlaw Audio announces new 7.1 receiver (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
It's not worth releasing at this point. At the very least, this thing needs HDMI switching (not DVI) to allow not merely DTS/DD-5.1 audio, but DVD-A as well. It would seem de regeur by next year, even though it's only supported by a handful of receivers this year.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It is my understanding that the HDMI switching standard hasn't yet been agreed upon so how's any manufacturer supposed to offer it when their guess might be wrong? Those receivers currently supporting HDMI may end up not working with it once the final standard is published. I believe that this is why you don't see an abundance of HDMI on receivers and pre/pros at this point in time.

If someone has different information in this regard please share it with us.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know there wasn't an agreed-upon switching standard (didn't think a switcher needed anything like this, hence the stand-alone HDMI switchers that go for $350).

Switching aside, an HDMI input/pass-thru would certainly be nice, so that DVD-A signals could be passed digitally (as well as DTS/DD-5.1) and the video could be passed through to the monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks