Outlaw Audio announces new 7.1 receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jed M, May 21, 2004.

1. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Not much info is available but they are showing it at the HE show but it won't be due out until the very end of the year at the earliest. The only info regarding the price is it will be under 1K. There is more information and a few pictures on the Outlaw forum. Notice the DVI switching. [​IMG]

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

Do my eyes see blue?

It looks great! Much improved looks wise.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Thanks for the update and link, Jed.

For now, I'll withold my opinion of the looks of the 11070 receiver.

I guess I was expecting something different - appearance wise.

4. Bob Bartlett

Bob Bartlett Stunt Coordinator

I wish I knew if this would upconvert s-video and composite to component.

5. Wayne Ernst

Bob, Regardless of what the Outlaw receiver will up-convert, there will be a whole slew of

6. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Well, it won't be ready until the very end of the year, so they have some time to tell us. Sorry I forgot ot mention that in the first post. I edited it.

Edit: Wayne beat me by a minute.

7. Chris A H

Chris A H Stunt Coordinator

What other receivers are you talking about? My Marantz SR7200 just went into the shop with a 4 month backlog on the part it needs...

8. Wayne Ernst

Between now and the end of the year, we'll see new offerings such as:
    - Denon AVR-2805
    - Replacements for the Yamaha AVR-1400/2400
    - Pioneer 2014 (I believe this is the right model #)

And, I'm sure the list goes on. We should see models from nearly all manufacturers.

Sorry to hear about the back-log on the Marantz 7200 - that is a long time. [​IMG]

9. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

10. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Just in case anybody cares, there are some new updated (read better) pics on the thread I listed earlier taken by Patrick Sklenar.

Man, Kevin, that was quite the thread. It makes me laugh looking back at that. I remember staying on the sidelines in that debate, but rereading the posts between Merc and Razvan is pretty funny, especially the last few posts in that thread.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

On the flip side, its good to see Outlaw may be partially letting us back in the loop.

11. Wayne Ernst

Jed,

Thanks for the updated info regarding the pictures. Clearly, the 1070 in the new set of pictures looks pretty nice. The first set of pictures released, made the receiver look like it had a somewhat-blue face to it. I'm looking forward to the release of these products.

I like the little card they had on top of the receiver:

"7x65 watts (all channels driven)"

I guess I personally don't care too much for the looks of the 2150. They went with a styling like some computer cases have - lots of curves, funky buttons, etc.

12. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

That's one nice looking receiver. Does anyone know if it has component upconversion?

13. Nicu

Nicu Extra

"I remember staying on the sidelines in that debate, but rereading the posts between Merc and Razvan is pretty funny, especially the last few posts in that thread."

Well, I reread my posts from almost 3 years ago and I think that I was 100% right ( no surprise here since I'm always right). And funny - I've always had a great sense of humor. I don't post here often - this forum isn't one of my favorites, you can easily guess why.

Nicu aka Razvan

14. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Weren't you banned over that deal or something similar? After reading that thread you were wrong most of the time. Didn't you just sell your RDC7 after lack of upgrades? The firewire port did nothing.(oops the 3 firewire ports).

One thing I did notice about the new Outlaw products is that there is no green.

15. Nicu

Nicu Extra

"Weren't you banned over that deal or something similar?"

I was!

"After reading that thread you were wrong most of the time."

Really? The 950 wasn't the giant killer it was claimed to be, was it?

"Didn't you just sell your RDC7 after lack of upgrades?"

I sold it but not because of lack of upgrades. Integra offered 2 upgrades and will also offer a trade-in program towards their new processor. I sold it because I didn't like its bass management.

"The firewire port did nothing.(oops the 3 firewire ports)."

Sorry but the RDC7 will have firewire by the end of the year. The 950 never will.

N/R

16. Wayne Ernst

Good observation, Shane. However, how will we ever be able to find the power button? [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Raz, its good to see you back, but like Shane said, you were pretty much entirely wrong since you based most of your argument on the 950 being dated since you predicted firewire interface was just "a few months" away. [​IMG] Thats a good lesson why to buy for today and not tomorrow, because you never know.

18. Patrick R. Sklenar

Patrick R. Sklenar Second Unit

Please, "Pat" will do. I only tend to be called "Patrick" when I'm in trouble. Like when my folks called from FL at lunch today to yell at me for not putting my niece's newest pictures on the web for them to see yet. I mean, my sister didn't get me the photos until this morning and I didn't get out of work until 30 minutes ago. sheesh! Grand parents sure can get demanding. [​IMG]

The direct link to my pictures, if anyone cares is: Outlaw Audio's HEE 2004 demo room.

later,

19. Mary M S

Mary M S Screenwriter

He He, just when I had no time and a tired brain as regards up my technical ability in AV, (I really need to build my own retaining wall among other things) and was just breezing by mainly afterhours and movies for fun. I see that things will get exciting round here again.

Time to start browsing back in the Outlaw forum, they satisfied me tooooo well...so I wandered off. (they need an afterhours lounge also...for simple hanging out) Still sitting happily on my 950, and will be more intrigued when I see an announcement for a 950 big brother. Delighted for those who clamored in the Outlaw forum asking for a new receiver.

I was one also worrying on the sidelines and sometimes in the thick of the fracas killing time, waiting on my 950. Glad I did. Still own it and intend to keep it for quite some time yet. It's doing such a good job, there are other areas I intend to upgrade first when that bug next strikes!

20. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I like it!

I look forward to hooking that puppy up to my 770.

Parker