Outlaw Audio 755 amp + Outlaw Audio 950 preamp/processor

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Haris Ellahi, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

How would this combo sound with the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers? Good, bad, ugly?

2. Tom Boucher

Tom Boucher Second Unit

I'd bet it sound good. I have the Reference 3s and had been looking into it.

however their message board and the reports of quality control being low scared me off.

3. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Haris,
    Some 950 owners have reported unacceptable low level hiss on their units, and since you are planning on very sensitive speakers, this could be a concern. I have no hiss or other quality problems with my unit, nor do most other happy 950 owners. It's a very nice piece of equipment especially considering the price. The 755 is one hell of an amp. No issues there.

4. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Thanks for the replies. [​IMG]
    However, do you recommend that I get this Outlaw amp + preamp combo or get the Denon AVR-4802? I am asking this because they are about the same price here.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Klipsch and the 950 has been reported as being a problem for hiss. But if you do try the combo, you get the 30 days with the 950 to decide if it's for you or not.

6. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

Haris, the Outlaw combo will sound better than the 4802. I owned a 4802 and am currently trying the 950 with my AMC amps.