Outlaw amps and Klipsch speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike.D.K, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Mike.D.K

Mike.D.K Stunt Coordinator

I use Klipsch speakers and plan on getting the 950 preamp. Would the Outlaw amps be ok with the klipsch? I have the KLF 30's . I read somewhere on here the amps shouldn't be used with bright speakers. Thanks Mike

2. Andrew_Ballew

Andrew_Ballew Second Unit

In my opinion that combo would be killer- not enough experience to comment on the "brightness" issue, though.

Andrew Ballew

3. Howard Halligan

I am using Outlaw 1050 receivers with both a Klipschorn/LaScala Home Theater and a Klipsch THX LCR Home Theater set-ups. The receivers work great with both. It could only be better with a 950/770 0r 950/755 combo. I have a reservation in for the former but I am so amazed by and satisfied with the perfrmance of the 1050 that, even though I can afford it, I am uncertain if I will upgrade. Probably worth a try considering the money back guarantee.

4. Mike.D.K

Mike.D.K Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies. I'm not on the 950 list. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade. I will probably buy the 950/770 combo this summer or fall. Hopefully we will hear alot more positive reviews by then. Mike

5. Tim Hess

Tim Hess Second Unit

I'm using the Outlaw 1050 receiver with Klipsch Reference Series all around (6.1) The price and performance of the Outlaw products is amazing.

Once I move to a place with less neighbors, I'm going to look at the 950.