1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Outlaw Amp ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bobby T, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

I'm starting the long process of research and listening to put together my next system. I plan on taking 11/2 to 2 years to let the next round of advancements come out and take my time deciding on components. My question right now is will the Outlaw monoblock or 200 watt 7 channel amps handle the load from speakers such as Martin Login or B&W Nautulis and do the Outlaw amps match well with these speakers?

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

If it helps, I've got an Outlaw 7100 (165w x 7 @ 4ohms) mated to my Anthem AVM-20 and Polk Audio Lsi speakers. The Outlaw does a great job, I've been very happy with it's performance.

3. jeff_coil

jeff_coil Stunt Coordinator

I would venture to guess the B&W's would appreciate more power than that. My shop runs the CDM series on the rotel 1090 380x2. And the Nat's on high current Classe gear.

4. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

Thanks for the replies. I was figuring I might need more power. The local shop that sells B&W also sells Rotel and Classe. The other local shop that sells the Martin Login's carries B&K and Krell. I was just hoping to save some money on amps and spend more on speakers and processing.

5. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

Bobby, I have a pair of Martin Logan SL3's that are biamped. Two channels of my AMC 2N100-5 (150x5) are running the base module, while my Musical Fidelity A3cr (120x2) run the ML's stat panels....and I think the sound is amazing! [​IMG]

I'd definately recommend biamping ML's and put the sweetest amp you can find/afford on the panel and a good solid state of at least 100watts on the base module. Yes ML's are sold with Krell and B&K gear but that does not mean you have to go that route! [​IMG]

E

6. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

That gives me somethiing to think about. Instead of a 5 channel setup I could could look at a 2 channel setup with the really big Logins(forgot all of the model names) and bi amp them.

7. peter m. wilson

peter m. wilson Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I have a Denon 5800/03 at 170w per all channels driven.
    I'f I was to get an amp for bi-amping purposes do you just add the wattage of the amp to the Denon on a per channel basis to know what you've got, or does it not work that way, and if not, how does it work?

Knowing this would give us all a sense of what we need based on our speaker load. In my case it would be changing the front 3 to Totem Mani-2 from Model 1 sigs. The Mani's have the dual woofer in isobaric config and according to both Totem and my Denon/Totem dealer need more juice.
    Since Totem don't sell amps I guess its true.

thanks,

Peter m