What's new

Outlaw Amp ? (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I'm starting the long process of research and listening to put together my next system. I plan on taking 11/2 to 2 years to let the next round of advancements come out and take my time deciding on components. My question right now is will the Outlaw monoblock or 200 watt 7 channel amps handle the load from speakers such as Martin Login or B&W Nautulis and do the Outlaw amps match well with these speakers?

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
If it helps, I've got an Outlaw 7100 (165w x 7 @ 4ohms) mated to my Anthem AVM-20 and Polk Audio Lsi speakers. The Outlaw does a great job, I've been very happy with it's performance.

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
I would venture to guess the B&W's would appreciate more power than that. My shop runs the CDM series on the rotel 1090 380x2. And the Nat's on high current Classe gear.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the replies. I was figuring I might need more power. The local shop that sells B&W also sells Rotel and Classe. The other local shop that sells the Martin Login's carries B&K and Krell. I was just hoping to save some money on amps and spend more on speakers and processing.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Bobby, I have a pair of Martin Logan SL3's that are biamped. Two channels of my AMC 2N100-5 (150x5) are running the base module, while my Musical Fidelity A3cr (120x2) run the ML's stat panels....and I think the sound is amazing! :D

I'd definately recommend biamping ML's and put the sweetest amp you can find/afford on the panel and a good solid state of at least 100watts on the base module. Yes ML's are sold with Krell and B&K gear but that does not mean you have to go that route! :D

E

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
That gives me somethiing to think about. Instead of a 5 channel setup I could could look at a 2 channel setup with the really big Logins(forgot all of the model names) and bi amp them.

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I have a Denon 5800/03 at 170w per all channels driven.
I'f I was to get an amp for bi-amping purposes do you just add the wattage of the amp to the Denon on a per channel basis to know what you've got, or does it not work that way, and if not, how does it work?

Knowing this would give us all a sense of what we need based on our speaker load. In my case it would be changing the front 3 to Totem Mani-2 from Model 1 sigs. The Mani's have the dual woofer in isobaric config and according to both Totem and my Denon/Totem dealer need more juice.
Since Totem don't sell amps I guess its true.

thanks,

Peter m

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks