What's new

Outlaw 990 or Rotel 1068...can't decide! (1 Viewer)

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
I've read quite a bit about both the 990 and the Rotel 1068.

I can get a really nice deal on a new 1068 locally that would cost roughly what the Outlaw 990 runs. I realize the Rotel is technically "older" but everything in the audio world is old the min. you buy it right? lol

Anyway, I'm torn as to which I should get! Anyone have some input here? Does anyone have any experience with both products?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
David

Did you call Outlaw to find out all the features?

My sense is that the Outlaw is more easily upgradable and that Outlaw is serious about making software upgrades available. If the guy was not bull shitting me, they are working on an auto EQ system. That would be a tie breaker.

At some point you are going to want to upgrade your amplification. If you wait a while you can sell your Denon, and order the 990/7125 combo and save $200 compared to ordering separately. You will need to save up for a little while to do this but you will have a system that is easily in the top 10%.

To try to get the most specific answers to your question, you should change the title of your thread to Outlaw 990 or Rotel 1068...

A Moderator will do this for you by sending a PM.

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
Gotcha,

I emailed Outlaw and asked a ton of questions. I agree that they seem to be very aggressive about keeping the 990 upgradable. An auto EQ system would be a very nice option for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks