OUTLAW 990 and 755 AMP

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by JeffreyMercado, May 15, 2006.

1. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

STEREOPHILE'S GOLD WINNER HERE'S WHY:Outlaw builds and sells high-value products exclusively through the Internet. The Model 990 is their latest price-buster. You might not expect much in a pre-pro for $1099, but this one will surprise you. What's on your wish list? Balanced audio outputs, automatic speaker calibration using a supplied microphone, and upgradeability through RS-232 and USB ports? Upsampling of CDs to 24-bit/192kHz? Three wideband component inputs plus transcoding between component, S-Video, and composite sources? A phono (moving magnet) input? DVI switching? The Model 990 provides all of this, and more, including all the playback modes you need—DTS-ES Matrix and Discrete, DTS Neo:6, Dolby Digital EX, and Dolby Pro Logic II/IIx. Joel Brinkley found the Outlaw a breeze to set up, either manually or automatically. More important, he also found it to be largely transparent to the source, and surprisingly close in sound quality to his far more expensive state-of-the-art pre-pro. In short, he remarked, "It's well worth the price, and more." The unit was purchased when it first came out. Protective film is still on unit so I am not sure if faint scratches seen in the pictures are actual scratches on the face of the unit. Everything is included as if you bought it from Outlaw. Ships in original boxes and the price is for both units shipped. Insurance for items is optional and at your cost. Regular price on 990 is $1099 and for the 755 I think it was $1499. If you do not want to buy the items together I will sell the 990 for $950 shipped and the 755 amp for $1050 shipped. The 755 replaced the 750 and is 200 watts X 5. All in excellent condition. Add 3% for paypal

2. David_Wh

David_Wh Stunt Coordinator

Unless I missed it, I think you forgot to include the combo price.

3. JeffreyMercado

Sorry 990 is already sold. First one that Paypals me gets the amp.

4. JeffreyMercado

Anyone for $950 shipped