Outlaw 950 w/ Rotel 1075??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Scott O'Keeffe, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Scott O'Keeffe

Scott O'Keeffe Stunt Coordinator

I couldn't take it any longer. I just ordered the 950; with the $100 off it was just too much to take.

I was considering the Rotel 1066 to match my Rotel 1075 amp, but I decided to give the folks at Outlaw a 30 day try. Now its a $550 difference between the two. If I like, I keep. [​IMG]

Just wondering if it was wise to mate these two. I've been definitely impressed with the Rotel Amp, and I hope these two mate together well. I was using a Denon 3300 receiver.

Anyone out there have a similar combo? Do you think I'll be happy come Tuesday?

Thanks.

2. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Second Unit

Scott that should be killer...what rotel amp are you running?

Those rotel Preamp/pro's are nice too...

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Man, I wish ppl would post when they GET the items so a review is ready and ppl don't have to wait. [​IMG]

Absolute Sound guide to home theater had an in depth look at the Outlaw 950 and 770 amp. Too bad they didn't have anything bad to say about the combo. The editors chose the Meridian as the top pre pro but that thing comes in at about $7,000. [​IMG]

Please post a detailed comparison between your receiver and the outlaw 950 separates.

4. Scott O'Keeffe

Scott O'Keeffe Stunt Coordinator

Arthur:

Currently I have a Rotel 1075 (5X125) amp coupled with the Denon3300 receiver.

Later this week its the 1075 and the Outlaw 950 pre/pro. Well, the Denon will power my rears. The Denon definitely has a special place in my heart as my first kick ass receiver. It's been tough phasing the old baby out. [​IMG]

Chris:

Will definitely let you know how it sounds!