Outlaw 950-Video switching?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Russ, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Russ

Russ Auditioning

Can any of the Beta testers switch some Hi-Def signals with the 950? I promised the wife that we would have one touch operation with our new processor.

Sure sounds like a great peice.

Thanks,

Russ

2. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Hi Russ: Yes, I've tested the 950 component switching capabilities using a Samsung T150 HD STB and a Panasonic RP-91 using progressive DVD output. I noticed absolutely no decreased resolution or alteration of images when using the 950s component digital switcher. Keep in mind though that the OSD will not show on the component outputs and the 950 does not upconvert nor pass either composite or S-video input through the component outputs. When you set up your unit if you want OSD, or if you have a replay TV or VCR, you will still need to use an S-video cable to connect to your TV as well as a component cable set.

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

John, could you confirm somthing I thought I read about the 950 in another thread.

Does the 950 convert composite to Svideo?

And for Russ. Does your TV select from the active cable on the same input. I've seen TVs that do this. So, if yours does you could just run a component and svideo cable to the same input on your tv, and when you made the change on the 950, the picture would still change on your tv.

4. Jim Prillaman

Jim Prillaman Stunt Coordinator

5. John Lepley

John Lepley Extra

Beta tester Jeff had the following to say on 2/13 about the 950's ability to convert composite to S-video.

"One problem with not having a manual is that I don't know everything this unit can do. I read in the latest Outlaw newsletter that it does format conversion between S-Video and composite. I tried it this morning and it works! I connected a composite input and it played on the S-video monitor output.

Then I connected just the S-video input and it played on the composite monitor output. Neat! "

So, it appearently works!

John