Outlaw 950 v. Denon 3803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MarkMac, Mar 14, 2004.

1. MarkMac

MarkMac Stunt Coordinator

I just received my new Klipsch Reference 7 speakers. I'll be running RF7s and RC7 up front, RS7 and RB75s in the rear to make up my 7.1 (SVS PB2+ to come soon).

I already have a 5 channel amp--Parasound 1205a--so I need another 2 channel amp to round that out.

My question is around processing. I've been thinking about the 950 or using a 3803 as a processor. Considering the 3805 is out or will be soon, I'd expect prices to fall on the 3803.

What are your thoughts about these two options?

Edit: I'll be using the system about 80/20 HT/Music, and the room they'll be in is about 3000cu.ft.

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

I think that the 950 would be a better option. Although the 3803 may be a good product, it just doesn't make sense to buy a piece of gear that has an amplifier section that will not be used. You'll be paying for a full price but only using 1/2 of receiver.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I'm very happy with my Outlaw 950, I have no knowledge of the 3803. I'm not sure why you'd want the added componentry of a receiver if you're not even going to use the amps.

4. MarkMac

MarkMac Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the responses.

Phil-To answer your question, I thought about the 3803 because I'm guessing I could get a pretty good price on one in the coming weeks. Also, I've read that Denon receivers mate well with the Klipsch Ref series, and I'm hoping I can get some opinions on how the Outlaw vs. Denon will sound with my setup.