What's new

Outlaw 950 Update To Be Posted 10/16 (1 Viewer)

John Cain

Second Unit
I guess I will not be able to use my Subwoofer if I use the analog by-pass, correct????
------------------

Rich G

Stunt Coordinator
Another important freature I'm sure we would all like is memory.
1. Memory of delay of each channel?
2. Memory of channel levels?
3. Memory of crossover settings?
This memory could be memorized by input selecton or by mode used or maybe a combination of the two. Does anyone have this information?
Thanks,
------------------
Rich G.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
If you add the ICBM for SACD/DVD-A bass management capbility, then you could use your sub for everything.
I hear that there may be a "package" price for the 950 and ICBM...
------------------

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
quote: I guess I will not be able to use my Subwoofer if I use the analog by-pass, correct????[/quote]
Why not, John? I currently use the analog by-pass on my Denon 5700 receiver to play 2-channel SACD and the subwoofer output on the Denon still puts out a signal (I limit the top end of the low frequencies at the subwoofers). What specification of the Outlaw 950 is different?
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Art Miller

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding the the analog bypass and a question about the type and quality of the volume control I received the following from outlaw:
"A VCA is actually
an analog device on a chip that is controlled by a digital pulse. In the
case of the 950, rotating the volume control creates a digital pulse to the
input of the VCA. This pulse generates a reference voltage which controls
the VCA. There is virtually nothing else in the signal path. VCAs are
quite accurate, often more accurate than all but the MOST expensive analog
pots and, if they are of the highest quality (which is what we are
using), they add virtually no noise or distortion to the signal."
Interesting, and I'm totally unfamiliar with this type of vol control. Guess I'll have to wait and see (hear)..

Rich G

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info Art. I appreciate it very much. This is very encouraging that the outlaw should have one of the best performing volume controls with a remote.
Since you have an inside scoop to outlaw. Could you ask them about the memorizations features I have listed above????????????
Thanks,
------------------
Rich G.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
As for bass management, besides the adjustable cross-over points will there be adjustable SLOPE values as well?
If the slope value will be fixed, what will it be? 12 dB/octave, 24 dB/octave, etc.??
Will it use a high quality digital master clock circuit for jitter/clock error minimalization? Apogee Electronics makes a very good one.
What brand and model of DACs and ADC's? Multibit, dual-mode 24 bit/192 kHz for all channels, with upscaling capabilities I hope. One can always dream.
These are all very important issues I hope can be addressed soon.
Would anybody with an insiders edge be willing to ask these questions?
Dan
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on October 18, 2001 at 12:34 PM]

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one a little disappointed with the bass management? I don't understand why they are making a big deal about it considering Sony has had a better bass management for a couple years now (10hz increments 40-200hz separate front,center,rear). Some of the other features do sound sweet. So am I reading between the lines to much to think that they are already preparing us for yet another delay? The dust is building up on my unused amps waiting for this.

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
I too have 2 amps waiting for a preamp. I don't think that they can delay it much longer. The question is if the first units are going to be bug free or they're going to have problems just like the early 1050 units had?
Razvan

Users who are viewing this thread