Outlaw 950: Can you disable OSD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Since I use a HTPC- most of my video signals never route through the Outlaw, so I never noticed until recently the OSD that pops up on screen every time you adjust the volume.

I don't want this to happen, is there a way to disable it? Shortest delay available is 3 seconds. I find it hard to believe that Beta testers didn't flag this problem right away.

-Vince

2. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Vince, nope, no way to disable it. I find this problem to be bothersome also. I hate the OSD but oh well.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Sad, you'd think one of the beta testers would have noticed this. Nothing more distracting that having the OSD pop up in the middle of a film just because you bumped the volume up or down a notch.

I'm sure glad I'm not doing my main video (DVD from HTPC) through the Outlaw, I'd probably sent it back.

I wonder if they plan to correct this in future runs...

-Vince

4. Bruce Cadotte

Bruce Cadotte Stunt Coordinator

5. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

If you are not using the S-video inputs, or any video switching, does it still pop up?

6. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Russ, nope it won't pop up if you aren't using the video switching. It doesn't pop up for component either which is nice for DVD's, Xbox and HDTV. I would be very annoyed if it did it during movies, but its only cable and satellite so thats why I originally said, oh well. I would prefer it not there, but its fine for regular tv.

7. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Thanks Jed,
    I don't use video switching, but that must be a very annoying bug for anyone who does.